Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I bought a G48 today and will put a couple of hundred rounds through it later this week. The longer slide works perfectly with a set of Gabe's old standard height sights, plain black rear and a fiber optic front that I had on the home shop wall still new in the wrapper. What trigger/weights are you guys running in your 48's?
    Last edited by F224; 02-26-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Captain Dave Funk
    Operator, BlaserPro.com

Will Suarez offer a "Guttersnipe 48" service? Cut the 48 grip to 43 length, keep the slide the same. A "Slimline Guttersnipe 17" if you will
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I'll probably pick up both. I have an athletic build (5'10 175lbs at 12% bodyfat) and still have problems concealing a G19 under just a tshirt even when using a wedge and wing/claw so the G48 appeals to me.
    Stop shopping in the kids aisle for t-shirts and it wont be a problem

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

STANDBY FOR A GUTTERSNIPE 48 AND A STREETCOMP 48
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    STANDBY FOR A GUTTERSNIPE 48 AND A STREETCOMP 48
    Excellent.

A guttersnipe 48 is what I wanted in a 43 when it first came out.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    Will Suarez offer a "Guttersnipe 48" service? Cut the 48 grip to 43 length, keep the slide the same. A "Slimline Guttersnipe 17" if you will
    I'd be more inclined to just get a G43 and put a street comp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by F224 View Post
    I bought a G48 today and will put a couple of hundred rounds through it later this week. The longer slide works perfectly with a set of Gabe's old standard height sights, plain black rear and a fiber optic front that I had on the home shop wall still new in the wrapper. What trigger/weights are you guys running in your 48's?
    Got a 48 on way. So was your POA/POI acceptable with Gabe's sights described above? I am assuming your rear was the one for the 43, and FO front was the one .215" tall? I shoot pistols with a 6 o'clock hold. I may pick up a set then as like SI stuff.

SI Street Comp and SI Street Comp 43X Supermatch Slides would be the only way I’m buying a 43X. Basically for the thinner profile while working out only (current 43’s only duty).

Same goes for the 19X / G45. If SI makes a Supermatch Street Comp slide, barrel, comp - I’m buying my first Gen 5. Until that happens, I certainly have no use for one.

Quote Originally Posted by captain92 View Post
    Got a 48 on way. So was your POA/POI acceptable with Gabe's sights described above? I am assuming your rear was the one for the 43, and FO front was the one .215" tall? I shoot pistols with a 6 o'clock hold. I may pick up a set then as like SI stuff.
    Interesting results and yes the front is .215" tall. I run the 6 o'clock hold, and am shooting slightly low. My close friend is hitting slights high, and two of his students both were hitting exactly to POI at ten yards. That's with standard 124gr AE FMJ ammo. I'll do more testing shortly.

What has really surprised me is that my ETS G43 magazines do not lock in place properly in my G48. Hopefully Shop Monkey can shed some light on this.
    Captain Dave Funk
    Operator, BlaserPro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I'll probably pick up both. I have an athletic build (5'10 175lbs at 12% bodyfat) and still have problems concealing a G19 under just a tshirt even when using a wedge and wing/claw so the G48 appeals to me.
    I'm 5'9" and 185# and I regularly wear a G34 with a +2 mag base, you me and Gabe are all about the same size. I dress for the gun most all of the time and so does Gabe. If you're not going to give up shirts that are tighter than butt sex you're going to have to compromise on weapon carry size and method.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities