Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    After handling both of these today I prefer the feel of the 48 over the 43x. I will probably buy neither since I'm heavily invested in double stack glocks. The 48 feels good in my hand, I did not shoot either. I dont want to buy more holsters and all that shit. If I lived in a commie fag state and didnt wear a badge the 48 would probably be a good answer. If I get a chance to shoot them I will report back. The one thing Glock did right on these is the price. The 19x was just silly fuckery to me and the 43x follows suit. Who ever runs glocks R&D department may very well be fucking retarded. Hopefully the 48 shoots as good as it feels, because the whole MOS series and so far the X series have been completely useless IMHO of course.

Warped Mindless wrote:

I'll probably pick up both. I have an athletic build (5'10 175lbs at 12% bodyfat) and still have problems concealing a G19 under just a tshirt even when using a wedge and wing/claw so the G48 appeals to me.
    Similar build here, and I carry the G19 every day. This Bravo Torsion holster made it a whole lot easier though, keeping it concealed 100%:

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/pro...rsion-holsters

A world of difference to me, compared to the old claw/wedge holsters I've tried.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

I have been issued multiple Glocks in the past and never warmed up to them as I could qualify with them but the grip was too wide. I do have small hands. The K frame Smith and Colt Government fit my hand perfectly. I do have a 43 right now for work as it actually fits my hand somewhat. I am really looking forward to trying out the 48 as this may actually fit my hand.

I carry a G19 almost all the time, but once in a while have to take the 43 due to attire. That said, I will likely pick up a 48 since I am from Illinois, and after this recent election- gun owners here are fd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always good to see more gun models in the marketplace. Glock sure has come a long way...

But these new guns keep reminding me of the P7 and Kahr's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    If the 48 slide is compatible with the 43 frame, I would have some interest (because of COURSE I would).
    They are interchangeable between the 43 & 48.

I put 200 rounds through the 48 last night. In not going to lie, I was impressed. The weapon feels great in the hand and shoots very well. I did not want to like this new model, but I do. I'm not sure it has a place in my collection because of being already heavily invested in the double stack platform. If I did not previously own a Glock the 48 definitely feels better in my hand than any other Glock I have held. My final conclusion the 48 must be judged alone. It does not compare to a 19 and it fills a different role than the 26. The easiest way for me to think of it is a more shootable 43.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySmoke View Post
    I put 200 rounds through the 48 last night. In not going to lie, I was impressed. The weapon feels great in the hand and shoots very well. I did not want to like this new model, but I do. I'm not sure it has a place in my collection because of being already heavily invested in the double stack platform. If I did not previously own a Glock the 48 definitely feels better in my hand than any other Glock I have held. My final conclusion the 48 must be judged alone. It does not compare to a 19 and it fills a different role than the 26. The easiest way for me to think of it is a more shootable 43.
    I had pretty much the same experience with the 19x. Thought it was foolish, a solution looking for a problem, etc. Then I shot one. And with cheap blazer brass and Winchester white box, shot a silver dollar sized ragged hole at 10 yards. I was impressed with the way it shot. I’m sure the 48 is the same deal. I’d like to shoot one to see for myself but I still don’t plan on buying one, and I don’t own a 19x either. I think women will like the 48 real well because of its thinner grip. I know a few women that carry the 19 but wish the grip was thinner.

I handled one yesterday. The 43 and 43x with Gabe's comp would be better. If the 43 slide will work fine with the 43x/48 frame, with Gabe's upgrades it will make this a very nice package.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

I think the G48 might be a good duty gun for cops with small hands.

I taught firearms at the local regional police academy for a total of 13 years, and every class we had two or three students (usually females but NOT always) who had small hands and who struggled with a G17 size gun. I can think of three or four people on my current agency who would probably shoot better with a G48 than they do with a G22, just because the grip is thinner and the reach to the trigger would be shorter.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International