Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The magazine incompatibility is disappointing. The 48 will not replace the 19 or 17. It's only competition is with the 43. Comparing the 43 and 48, magazine capacity is not a sufficient selling point. The question I still have, though, is whether the 48 will shoot measurably better than the 43. If I can squeeze more accuracy out of the 48, and it is sufficiently small to compete with the 43 in concealability, then it could be a keeper. But I'm less optimistic now than I was when I first saw the release. I still plan to buy one, but I won't be stocking up on mags or holsters. I'll upgrade the sights because that's necessary to do a fair comparison. Then I'll run it for a few months and decide. Unless it (a) bests the 43 in accuracy, and (b) offers a significant improvement in concealability over the 19 (or 17K in my case), it will eventually be put up on the auction block or gifted away.
    Virtute et Armis

I just don't understand what the hell Glock is doing with the G 43! First of all I don't know what is the G 43s and second of all, this G 48 makes no sense to me at all! I have a G 26, G 36 and I sold my G 19, which was my Duty Weapon for 15 years and purchased my G 43. I love all my Glocks but I can't justify a need for a G 48!

I can see G48 for medium speed, some drag training loaner.

I'd also love to see Glock spring and mag the G48 for the .380 ACP - call it the Glock EZ, not of interest to most of the folks here for sure but for new fish or those with diminished grip strenght -

Hey somebody get Gaston on the horn for me.

Have a great new years and back to your regularly scheduled pirating

I like the look of it, will not buy one, as I have given up on glocks other than the 42 I use right now, but the 48 reminds me of the older s&w 39 size wise it was a great off duty carry rig back in the day
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

If the 48 slide is compatible with the 43 frame, I would have some interest (because of COURSE I would). But 1. I strongly doubt that and 2. I am not buying another gun just to do this.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    If the 48 slide is compatible with the 43 frame, I would have some interest (because of COURSE I would).
    From what I've seen on the YouTube videos, the 48 slide should be compatible with a 43 frame. But I'd be more inclined to get a 43x, a threaded barrel, and a carry comp.

I can see that. I have been considering comping my 43
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Saw a note that the 48 was the first out of the box Canadian-legal Glock. 10 rounds, and a barrel 1mm over their legal minimum.

I think we need to look at the marketing intent. Just like the 19X was never designed as a CCW, the 48 isn't really designed for the free world.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Who thinks this shit up? I agree that literally (in every sense of the word) no one is asking to have a bigger grip for more bullets when those things can be achieved by a 42 second internet search and putting in a credit card number and awaiting the arrival of your magazine extensions.

It would have made more sense to just put that slide on a 43 and contracted with a reputable manufacturer of magazine extensions and included a couple "+2" ones in the box to go with it.

But my guess is that free states is not their market demographic on this one.
    Masters in Warfare-OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Nobody asked for a 19X either and they can’t make ‘em fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."