Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    At 5'3" and 130# My EDC is a G19 IWB at 4 o'clock.

I really, really would like to carry AIWB, but I have tried a G19 and a G43X with multiple different holsters, and just can't get one comfortable enough for all the time EDC....

Too much pressure in the groin and/or rides up and digs into my abdomen when sitting....

Will have to bring my holsters with me on my next visit to Suarez Headquarters and ask for advice/help.

Some of you guys seem to miss these are designed for those of us in Communist states like New Jersey, New York, CT etc. I would have no interest in this either if I lived in a free state.

I bought a G48 in early July and I now have just over 400 rounds through it.

I really like it. Currently my warm weather concealment gun is a G43 and the cold weather concealment gun is a G19. I'm not sure the G48 will replace either gun in that role, but I really like it anyway.

I taught for a total of 13 years in the local regional police academy. I REALLY wish a Glock in this platform size would have been available 25 years ago. In every class we had two or three shooters (usually females but not always) who had small hands for whom a big service pistol with a double column magazine was too damn big. If they had S&W 59 series guns, we'd try to steer them to a S&W 39. If they had Sig 226s, we'd aim them at a P225. If they had a Beretta 92F, we would suggest a 92M. But there was never a Glock with a smaller and thinner grip we could offer as an alternative. The school had Arizona Response Systems do a grip reduction on a G17 and G19 that we used as loaner guns and that worked pretty well but a gun the size of a G48 would've worked better.

I think the G48 would make a great duty gun for shooters with small hands, presuming somebody begins to produce a suitable duty holster.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International

Quote Originally Posted by F224 View Post
    What has really surprised me is that my ETS G43 magazines do not lock in place properly in my G48. Hopefully Shop Monkey can shed some light on this.
    The 43 & 43x/48 magazines are completely different. There should
    be no expectation that they can interchange between these models.

Single stack vs. double stack.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    Will Suarez offer a "Guttersnipe 48" service? Cut the 48 grip to 43 length, keep the slide the same. A "Slimline Guttersnipe 17" if you will
    If you are thinking that the 43 magazine will
    work in a shortened 48 frame, it will not work.
    See my post above this one.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Haven't had a chance to play with them, but Glock must be losing it if the magazines are different.........

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    Haven't had a chance to play with them, but Glock must be losing it if the magazines are different.........
    Single stack vs. double?

The 43 and 43x/48 mags ARE different, the latter is a bit thicker.