Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default THE 48...FOR THOSE WHO HATE 43S AND 19S

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

So this looks like a single stack 19. I guess I’d rather just carry a 19. Or, actually I carry a 17. But is four millimeters thinner a benefit to giving up the capacity? To me, no. Or the ability to use the larger capacity 17 21 24 or 33 round mags?.....No.
    Last edited by WOLF220; 12-30-2018 at 06:28 PM.

It makes sense for 10 round States but I'll pass.

I know I won’t like it better than a 19, but I’ll probably buy one and carry it for a while just to see if I like it better than my 43. Which isn’t a high bar to hurdle...The 48 pushes itself slightly more towards the “fighting” end of the scale vs the 43’s (to me anyway) “backup” role of something you only carry when you can’t quite easily conceal something bigger and better.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Idk, most of the time my G19 fits my daily attire, is functional and 16 rds provides a feeling of comfort; or a Walther PPQ, when I wish to alter things a bit :-).
    The various 42's,43's etc are of benefit to others, fortunately, I rarely, if ever, need to alter my carry choices, just lucky I guess.

Neither do I. However, I play piano at my church. And not wishing to look like a slob, I tend to wear slimmer fitting shirts there. The 43 just conceals (I intentionally said “conceals”, not “carries”) better.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

I see nothing that would attract me to buying a G48...

If I want to carry a thin Glock, the G43 with the SI +1 or +2 Mag Base Plate extension for 7+1 or 8+1 capacity would work for me.

If I want 10-round capacity, the G19 with a 10-round mag would work.

If I want a smaller pistol with 10-round capacity, the G26 or the XD9 Subcompact with 10-round mag would fill the bill.

The job of an even smaller 9mm would be filled with a SIG P290RS with the 8+1 mags.

So for me, I really see no advantage to the G48, especially since the G48 mags don't work with the G43.

I don't even see it as a direct competitor to the SIG P365. It is a much larger pistol.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

The 48: Okay, a more general Glock I can recommend to small-handed people or people in restricted states. Not buying one, personally.
    The 43X: Mr. Glock, your best customers are cutting down frames under full-size slides. Doing the opposite is both never requested by buyers, and can be replicated with an inexpensive magazine extension.

I have my 3rd 43 in the works. Evidently I love them.
    My first one has an RMS. My second has a 507C and
    will eventually get a comp, and my 3rd will start out
    in stock config with night sights, but I already have
    an SI Super Match slide for it.

I'll carry #1 & #2, and #3 will be a training firearm
    for my wife & son, and anyone else who I might need
    help with shooting.

I am sure I would have bought one or two 43x's,
    but since I am well down a path with the standard
    43's, I will pass on those & the 48's.

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Johnny C!; 03-27-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

I'll probably pick up both. I have an athletic build (5'10 175lbs at 12% bodyfat) and still have problems concealing a G19 under just a tshirt even when using a wedge and wing/claw so the G48 appeals to me.