Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am still dubious of the NAA, but for the shot under the chin or even pressed against a goblins midsection a contact shot in .22RF Mag due to the muzzle blast might make a more severe wound then would be suggested from the ballistics of a 40 grain bullet at close to 900 fps.
    1 5/8 barrel the velocity averages close to 900 fps depending on load and such https://northamericanarms.com/ballistics/ball-22m/
    I think the powder charge of a .22 RF mag is greater or certainly not much less than what one has in the .32 ACP case.
    In a four inch barrel the 60 grain gold dot 32 ACP gives Muzzle Velocity of 960 Feet Per Second. In the seecamp it should be going slower. So my guess is the the 60 grain bullet over the 40 gr could in theory be 50% more powerful.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I am still dubious of the NAA, but for the shot under the chin or even pressed against a goblins midsection a contact shot in .22RF Mag due to the muzzle blast might make a more severe wound then would be suggested from the ballistics of a 40 grain bullet at close to 900 fps.
    1 5/8 barrel the velocity averages close to 900 fps depending on load and such https://northamericanarms.com/ballistics/ball-22m/
    I think the powder charge of a .22 RF mag is greater or certainly not much less than what one has in the .32 ACP case.
    In a four inch barrel the 60 grain gold dot 32 ACP gives Muzzle Velocity of 960 Feet Per Second. In the seecamp it should be going slower. So my guess is the the 60 grain bullet over the 40 gr could in theory be 50% more powerful.
    I love it when concepts get muddied with things. I recall similar with a Russian EMP when we were first discussing the RMRs back in 2009.

If your lifestyle is such that an assassination, with no ballistic residue is important, by all means go for the NAA.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    If your lifestyle is such that an assassination, with no ballistic residue is important, by all means go for the NAA.
    Glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read this. As a veteran of bureaucratic wars, the politics of assassination has been strangely compelling at times, especially while pulling the most recent knives out of my back.

Moving beyond pure fantasy, weren't we talking about works in our backup/NPE guns?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 4, 16. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read this. As a veteran of bureaucratic wars, the politics of assassination has been strangely compelling at times, especially while pulling the most recent knives out of my back.

Moving beyond pure fantasy, weren't we talking about works in our backup/NPE guns?
    I know right? I will bet someone was crafting an eloquent requirement for the assassination tool to be equipped with a bayonet...just in case...as well. But yes...what works in back up/NPE guns...

And an NPE in the USA is an issue BEFORE the shooting. Once the shooting is over, regardless of propriety of carry, all other usual practices are in place...calling, managing the investigation, etc. You won't slink into the crowd unseen and head back to the bat-cave in anything other than another fantasy.
    Gabriel Suarez

I'm on the same page, sure, if I was in the market for a pre-emptive low signature contact weapon, perhaps a NAA would fill that niche. Then again, so would a nice ice pick to the temple.

Spy novels aside, I'm sticking with a DA small auto, or J-frame for my NPE needs.
    Last edited by 45Smashemflat; 12-24-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Gabriel Suarez

Hmmmm..... What's the caliber of a 12 gauge 00 Buck pellet, the velocity of the same and the ballistic coefficient of the 12 gauge's lead round ball?

Is five rounds to the face from a .32 caliber Seecamp really much different than a shot into the face with a 00 Buck 12 gauge?

Does anyone doubt the stopping power of either under similar circumstances?
    Last edited by Cacti Rat; 12-24-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post

Hmmmm..... What's the caliber of a 12 gauge 00 Buck pellet, the velocity of the same and the ballistic coefficient of the 12 gauge's lead round ball?

Is five rounds to the face from a .32 caliber Seecamp really much different than a shot into the face with a 00 Buck 12 gauge?

Does anyone doubt the stopping power of either under similar circumstances?
    The seecamp in the head five times will kill you, but not the same as getting hit in the head with a 12 ga shotgun. But you can not be any more dead than dead.

Google says
    12 ga #00 Buckshot.
    53.8 grains, .33 inches, velocity in high velocity shell normal barrel length should be at least 1300 fps or faster. I am not sure what you get from a 14 inch barrel.

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I’m going to say that 1 or two rounds will definitely make you feel like you were having a bad day. Shoot ball, it really won’t matter if you do your job right....

Either way, some one's gonna need a mop...