Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MDT LSS vs LSS-XL

Does anyone in the tribe have hands-on experience with either of these? I am especially interested in someone who has time with both, and can comment on what is gained or lost between the two designs.

For 1.5 oz extra weight, the LSS-XL adds a longer m-lok fore-end, which has immediate benefits of moving a bipod out and accommodating clip on NVDs, if you're into that kind of thing.

How much larger in 'real feel' is the XL vs the standard LSS?

The Tikka that I plan on putting this on is meant to be able to be used as a bench rifle (for short strings of fire) that can also be backpacked over hill and over dale. The standard LSS seems on paper to fit this well, plus I don't have any CNVDs...
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

Depends. What is your envelope, role, and niche?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I discussed this with them when setting up the products. They seemed so similar. The LSS is a minimalist stock chassis. Its for the guys that will be using the rifles in varying shooting positions and not adding many accessories. The XL is a more complete stock chassis, and for the guys focusing more on prone long range work, it is more useful.

In all honesty, other than a little more forearm length I see virtually no difference. I plan on using two LSS on a couple of actions - a Model Seven and a 700 SPS. These have 16" and below barrels so a long fore end is not an issue. If I was building a long action rifle with a 20 + barrel, I would go LSS XL or HS3.

Right now, we have a 10% off thing going on MDT Chassis. Use code "SNIPER"
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

LSS
    Gabriel Suarez

LSS XL
    Gabriel Suarez

Gabriel Suarez

ONE MORE THING....

These all come in Black or FDE Cerakote from the factory. We will be able to Cerakote them to any color you wish when you buy for an upcharge.
    Gabriel Suarez

I have an 18” 308 Tikka on an LSS. It’s minimalist, your hand can only go so far forward on the stock. Maybe that’s an issue for some guys but has not been a problem for me. I like that it is as small and light as you can get.

With a bipod it makes no difference. Shooting off of a backpack might, depending on the position, but wasn’t an issue for me.

I think a 20”+ gun might look funny on the LSS, but for shooting prone from a bipod I don’t see how it would make a difference.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Copy all. Thanks for the schematics. I am interested in adding a comb to my rifle, plus the folding adapter that they offer looks great.

Brent, my tikka has a 24.3" barrel on it (until I cut it down / if I cut it down).

Between the length of the barrel and the overall weight difference of only 1.5 oz, I'll go with the XL. While I am trying to make sure that my rifle is transportable, a 24.3" barrel is a beast, and until (if?) I cut it, having extra fore-end is worth something to me. 6.5 CM really benefits from the barrel length.

I still have much interest in putting together a much shorter bush gun, something intended to only go out to 500 or so, which will probably be in .308.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

I have both. The LSS—XL doesn’t increase weight enough to matter.
    I used the LSS for an 18” with folding stock. Used the LSS-XL for a long barreled distance gun.
    For a long action, I’d probably go with the XL. Principle benefits of the XL for me are bi-pod position and aesthetics.
    I don’t hang anything on bolt guns.

Either would be fine.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net