Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by Walk-Softly View Post
    I tried a Colt 1903 as a deep carry gun a few years ago. Mine was a 1917 without the revised firing pin, which I ultimately decided was too risky with the internal hammer. I had used the SW&W 442 previously but was looking for a flatter option in dress clothing.
    Pros were the skinny form, high reliability and the grip safety.
    Cons were weight, limited quality magazines and the known safety concerns.

That said, the 1910 interests me... I still like the old school steel options, how does the weight carry and what are you using for a holster?
    Walk-Softly,

A few photos are attached. You can see the grip panel modification along with the grip thickness difference with the Jay Scott grips. I haven't decided yet on that grip thickness difference with my hand ergonomics. The pocket holster was made by Tucson PD officer Matt Stoner. After Bruce Nelson died, Matt bought Bruce's holster rights and equipment from Sandy.1910 1.JPG1910 2.JPG1910 3.JPG1910 4.JPG1910 5.JPG1910 6.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Schick View Post
    Walk-Softly,

A few photos are attached. You can see the grip panel modification along with the grip thickness difference with the Jay Scott grips. I haven't decided yet on that grip thickness difference with my hand ergonomics. The pocket holster was made by Tucson PD officer Matt Stoner. After Bruce Nelson died, Matt bought Bruce's holster rights and equipment from Sandy.1910 4.JPG
    For pocket carry I prefer the butt mounted magazine release used be to common. The grip mounted mounted push button magazine releases of many modern pocket guns in my experience when carried in pockets tend get accidentally pushed releasing the magazine in the pocket. The seecamp magazine to its credit also uses a butt mounted magazine release.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The butt (or more correctly "heel") located magazine release is fine and there isn't anything wrong with it for ANY pistol. The change was not an advancement rather than the influence of the US gun market and its fixation with speed loading (something that is only useful in gun sports).
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

In any discussion on weapons, there will invariably be a point where some old guns are brought in to the chat. I am with Payne on this. With the availability of new and better weapons, I do not see a reason to use a relic any more than we would use a 1940's vintage automobile as a daily commuter. Just my opinion.

I recently upgraded to an Airweight 642 and retired the 640 because it is a better pistol.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters