Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have always smiled to self when smacking some thing with the Agulia 60 grain, bet it would work well spun right in a suppressed 22
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The weapon has been outlawed under Israeli law since 2001. It was deemed “more lethal than previously thought” by the Israeli occupation Judge Advocate General Menachem Finkelstein after it killed several children in Gaza during the second Intifada.
    They started using them again sometime around 2008-2009.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...l-sniper-role/

"More lethal than previously thought.."

Now THAT is a description to aspire to.

Be Courageous And Strong.
    Joshua 1 vs 7

Bella Twin used a .22 to take a world record grizzly bear in 1953.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/bel...zzly-and-more/

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Bella Twin used a .22 to take a world record grizzly bear in 1953.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/bel...zzly-and-more/
    Interesting read. She shot the bear right in the temple and then dumped a pocket full of rounds into the same impact zone "for the insurance". This is basically the same technique we have advocated for any small caliber platform go back as far as I can remember. I'm not entirely sure that it fits well with the proposed application but it's not too far off as it's in the envelope but not the proposed role or niche.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by stankasz1 View Post
    10/22 Machine Gun with BDM 50-Round Mag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywmowze7WK0

any idea how to slow the cyclic rate?
    That is silly...please lets not f*ck up this great concept with bubbaisms.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I’ve been eyeing the newer Ruger 15 round magazines. They seem to be in the Goldilocks zone as far as size. Sometimes the 30 rounders are a little cumbersome in certain applications. Does anyone have any? I’d be interested in your opinions.

The IDF started using the 10/22 in late 90's as another means of riot control on the West Bank. They got with Aguilla to develop the SSS 60gr subsonic round and with a 1:9 twist bbl. This was used to incapacitate the instigator/s of a violent demonstration with an aimed shot to the arms and legs of the individual. They did not necessarily want a completely silent system, as we all know, semi-autos create a lot of noise just from the mechanical action. Ambient noise would hide and of that. What they did want was removal of the sonic signature. They were affraid if the demonstratirs knew they were being targeted with gunfire they would react the opposite of what they intended. So with this combo the instigator was identified, hit and just shut up. Usually that was enough to break the mob pyschosis and shut it down. Was much safer for IDF to do this than forming a wedge and driving through to snatch up the instigator.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I’ve been eyeing the newer Ruger 15 round magazines. They seem to be in the Goldilocks zone as far as size. Sometimes the 30 rounders are a little cumbersome in certain applications. Does anyone have any? I’d be interested in your opinions.
    I like them. The Charger pistol comes with a 15 and its a pretty reasonable size. For what I really do with a 22, ten rounders are fine but 15 is fine too.

Here's a pic. The stock set up is only ok, but it takes the blade brace with only minimal alterations. Folds up small, shoots nicely opened and it doesn't wobble. I could have put something better together but I got this because it was available right when I wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post

While I’m not a snake flag guy, the same package is easily used to dispatch moles in the back yard, or any number of other nuisances that might be found on your property , with the advantage of not having to work a bolt.

For critters I go the non-NFA regulation direction. The segmented CCI quiet ammo in a long barrel bolt gun is less noisy than many pellet guns and I use such daily. I have one right now sticking out the kitchen window right now for killing pests. But not really useful for larger dangerous critters.
    Yes a semiauto suppressed would certainly be useful. We have black bears that are running about our local neighborhoods that are protected by the FL state wildlife regulations and that would be a quiet and discrete way to dispatch one operating under the 3 S's. Shoot, shovel, and shut-up. Dead bears have been found and the wild life people have never been able to catch anyone yet for having done that.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez