Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I think such a gun would be good for teaching new shooters the fundamentals and such. I have started a few on a stock 1022 and they had a blast. Light weight, no kick, low sound (even lower with suppressor) and just fun to shoot. For this application would would not need the expensive ammo either.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    While a bolt action may be interesting LawDog, the problem is that other than an SBR, there are no factory bolt action PISTOLS so you either do the SBR thing or stay at full sized 16" barrel...defeating one of the points of concept.
    That was part of my reasoning for the Summit. You can buy it as a receiver-and-bolt combo and then build it as a pistol. It was never a rifle, but it will fit any 10/22 chassis. There doesn’t need to be a factory pistol; it just can’t have ever been a rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Virtute et Armis

There are various ways to lock the bolt on a 10-22. Everything from simple like using your thumb, we do it on glocks so .22 is nothing lol, to levers that rotate up and down to plates that fit in behind the handle and back of the receiver.

It you want to make things more quite then replacing the steel pin the bolt hits with a polymer one can do a lot. Its been a long time since I did it but I think I used a piece of water line for an ice maker filled with silicone caulk that had the right O.D. Another thing I think needs to be done to any 10/22 is to modify the bolt lock/release. The stock ones require two hands to get the bolt to release so either modify the stock one by grinding out the tooth shape protrusion in the hole or replace it with one from Volquartsen that way the bolt can be pulled back and released like any other gun.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I’ve been recently thinking about exercising the SS 10/22 in the safe....and here we go.

Timing...

...is everything!!

Merry Christmas!!
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    That was part of my reasoning for the Summit. You can buy it as a receiver-and-bolt combo and then build it as a pistol. It was never a rifle, but it will fit any 10/22 chassis. There doesn’t need to be a factory pistol; it just can’t have ever been a rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Feel free...I am more interested in the raw material factory guns. This is not quite the same as assembling an AR in your garage. And at the end of the day, it will cost far more than an already in existance Charger.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have a small kit, I will share a picture of if anyone is interested. I have a 10/22 tactical solutions take down model. Replaced the stock with Magpul X-22 backpacker stock. Paired it with a Ruger 22/45 Lite.
    I ordered the Magpul Optic mount for the kit and added a Bushnell TSR-25 for the rifle. The 22/45 has a mount for a red dot but I haven't ordered an optic.
    I considered a Charger for a short Barrel set up. Considering weight, my budget and priority this is what I built.

Perkins

Quote Originally Posted by john.c.perkins.9 View Post
    I have a small kit, I will share a picture of if anyone is interested. I have a 10/22 tactical solutions take down model. Replaced the stock with Magpul X-22 backpacker stock. Paired it with a Ruger 22/45 Lite.
    I ordered the Magpul Optic mount for the kit and added a Bushnell TSR-25 for the rifle. The 22/45 has a mount for a red dot but I haven't ordered an optic.
    I considered a Charger for a short Barrel set up. Considering weight, my budget and priority this is what I built.

Perkins
    Would love to see it

Quote Originally Posted by stankasz1 View Post
    Would love to see it
    Will do

Perkins

The 10/22 in an ambush role at or under 100 yds can’t be discounted . Suppressed it allows for rapid aquisition and multiple round on targets with almost no signature .

They have been used effectively to pop lights at 50+ yards in our operations to create a corridor of darkness for movement to a takedown. Nobody ever heard the rifle, hell the lights breaking were louder.

If I was an urban insurgent this would be my primary weapon for proactive operations , with a larger heavier caliber for “ oh shit” moments of discovery.

When you don’t know where to shoot back the .22 is just fine as I have the cloak of secrecy . When/if discovered I want something heavier to solve the discovery.

Tools for trades

While I’m not a snake flag guy, the same package is easily used to dispatch moles in the back yard, or any number of other nuisances that might be found on your property , with the advantage of not having to work a bolt.

I may be biased as a large portion. of my youth was spent carting around a 10/22 with the original choate folder through the Colorado mountains ( with a pt99 in a holster for bigger problems, hey berettas were the shit then. But out of my price range as a teen)
    Last edited by coastalcop; 12-23-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Another vote for a suppressed 22 rifle....errr pistol. Back before suppressors were so "available", I might have known guys that used quality air guns to knock out lights.....but hell that was when M16s had carry handles.