Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    What barrel is that and chassis?
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Don't recall the Chassis. We had plans to develop the Ruger Charger for just this application. It can fit into a small backpack or briefcase with the brace folded and the suppressor removed. And it can hit eyeballs inside urban distances with the right additions...

A powerful enough scope (this one is a 3-9X that I had in the armory)
    A light and crisp trigger
    Match quality 22 LR ammo

It exemplifies a concept and an attitude does it not. There isn't a defensive bone in its body. It is not for home defense or sport. It is not for muggers or home invaders or even active shooters. It is a poacher's weapon and in that role - let's just say - it could serve admirably. Perhaps poacher is a good analogy here. We used that in the old GS class. That rather than the licensed and permitted sport hunter with his NRA ticket and hunting orange vest, the poacher is an illicit killer whose goal is to take down his target under the noses of gameskeepers.

Begin to think like a poacher and you will get much of the gist of the discussion.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Plus I have a reason to buy a couple, “really good for the kids”... I’m going to check them out alittle deeper.....

Last edited by stankasz1; 09-24-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Don't recall the Chassis. We had plans to develop the Ruger Charger for just this application. It can fit into a small backpack or briefcase with the brace folded and the suppressor removed. And it can hit eyeballs inside urban distances with the right additions...
    Do you plan on offering them if there is enough interest?
    Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold.

I picked up a factory Ruger folding stock that had an AR collapsible piece. A little very basic modifications and I had a blade brace on it. I think I cut the forend to shorten the whole thing down. Not quite as clean looking as a chassis, but there was no commercial available chassis yet when I made mine. I'll snap a picture when I get a chance.

I can hit a squirrel in the head without raising the ire of the neighborhood with it. The Charger is one of the coolest developments in the 22 rimfire world in decades.

D67345B3-BE38-4C36-8867-9FEF3475E0CE.jpg

Well try as I might, I can't get the picture flipped. Picked this beauty up this evening from the FFL and want to thank Josh for his amazing work, have had this in the SI safe for a long time and Josh offered to do it up for me. Plans are for an optic and suppressor and I'm open to suggestions on both plus I'll look back at older threads on the subject. Will be practicing on the prairie dogs in the pasture this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brent Yamamoto; 09-24-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Fixed it
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

What chassis is it, that thing is pretty sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    What chassis is it, that thing is pretty sweet...
    Thank you. PMACA
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

I put one of these together in 2016. It's a great tool. I started with a red dot but immediately saw the benefit of and the need for a better optic. The role for this is clear. As Gabe said, it's not defensive/reactive, it's covertly offensive. The "Poacher" analogy is excellent. For that you don't need a quickly-acquired red dot, you need a scope that lets you see in detail what you're shooting.
    It got a real scope shortly after this picture was taken.

PMACA chassis, XLR Folder and KAK brace

KAK Brace on A Ruger Charger

new charger canned shourt.jpg
    Last edited by DogDoc; 09-25-2020 at 06:47 AM.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net