Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    What kind of rings and mounts are you guys using? Is this a commodity thing or is one brand a lot better than others, and if so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    For a go-to-war gun, I would skip the SE. But since that is not what you are looking for, I'd say the SE is well worth its meager cost for a range toy or an experiment. But look for a model that does not have a built-in BDC for a 5.56. That would just complicate an otherwise good rimfire optic.
    LawDog - thanks for the write up. I picked up a SE (was $230 w/ cantilever mount). I have no doubt the Leupy is the top performer but I don't have $2k at the moment. I'll play with this one for a bit and see how it goes. Thanks, again.
    We have to go in places no body would ever think of going into were it not for the necessities of war. ~ Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war. ~ Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    What kind of rings and mounts are you guys using? Is this a commodity thing or is one brand a lot better than others, and if so, why?
    Quality matters here. The rings are pretty much the same ones you'll want for a centerfire. The mounts differ, and include some lesser-known players. The mount for my CZ455 came from Area 419, who I had never heard of before. The rimfire forums will be a better source of information when you are looking for hardware. They are generally paper-punchers without a martial outlook, so you have to analyze their conclusions with that in mind, but you'll find guys who've sent a lot of lead downrange and spent a fortune on gear, and have enough experience with different mounts and accessories to give you a valuable opinion about which ones work best. WT is more software-focused.
    Virtute et Armis

Thanks, LD. I should have said that I know very little about rifles, and absolute jack about optics. So for rings, should I be looking at the same brands that make high end scopes (Leopold, etc.)?

Please give us an update after a while to let us now how it works
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnotbob View Post
    LawDog - thanks for the write up. I picked up a SE (was $230 w/ cantilever mount). I have no doubt the Leupy is the top performer but I don't have $2k at the moment. I'll play with this one for a bit and see how it goes. Thanks, again.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013