Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    46C2FF71-6568-463B-917A-86FED049DA5D.jpgCD633498-9828-49ED-BD3D-C62294F7C53B.jpg
    First confirmed kill, several others made it to their burrows. The first picture is looking back from the body to the truck I was using as a platform. Was a 15-20 mph crosswind and I was experiencing some pretty inconsistent bullet drop that may have been shooter error but I was also using cheaper ammo today. Ran out of the CCI that I had zeroed with. Overall pretty happy with everything and makes for good practice with holdovers and wind.

Scope is a Leupold VX Freedom Rimfire 3-9 X 33 EFR
    Last edited by AFSOCCRNA; 10-17-2020 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Add scope info
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

That thing is pretty damn cool, that’s all I have to say. Be a lot cooler with a can and subsonic....:)
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    That thing is pretty damn cool, that’s all I have to say. Be a lot cooler with a can and subsonic....:)
    Thanks. Will be getting a can as soon as I figure out which one to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSOCCRNA View Post
    Thanks. Will be getting a can as soon as I figure out which one to buy.
    With .22 supressors, consider the cleaning aspect since they are quite dirty. There are "more quiet" than the Sparrow, but the Sparrow is much easier to clean. With standard or subsonic ammo, mine is stupid quiet.

Good shooting, BTW.
    Last edited by Jsavik; 10-18-2020 at 04:27 AM. Reason: added content
    God may look out for children and fools, but He favors the prepared.

I would be interested in Form 1 suggestions.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

If you are getting a can you need to get on it. Take a look at Silencer Shop Who is the largest dealer and almost nothing is in stock. One 22lr can I ordered I was notified yesterday that they don’t expect to meet that order till Q2 if 2021.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

E-filed F1's are getting approved in less than 2 months.
    But I don't intend to F1 anything larger than .22 can.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsavik View Post
    With .22 supressors, consider the cleaning aspect since they are quite dirty. There are "more quiet" than the Sparrow, but the Sparrow is much easier to clean. With standard or subsonic ammo, mine is stupid quiet.

Good shooting, BTW.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    If you are getting a can you need to get on it. Take a look at Silencer Shop Who is the largest dealer and almost nothing is in stock. One 22lr can I ordered I was notified yesterday that they don’t expect to meet that order till Q2 if 2021.
    Yep, I’ve purchased all my suppressors from them. Was looking last night and the cupboard is near bare.

Update: Purchased the Dead Air Mask for three reasons. Good reviews, I like my other Dear Air suppressors, it was in stock. Let the wait begin.
    Last edited by AFSOCCRNA; 10-18-2020 at 08:02 AM.

+1 on Dead Air Mask. I have a second one on order since the spring, who knows when it'll come through. My first is on a trust and will live at my son's house in the country; I get the new one, of course. ;)

Also, I like the AAC Element II, pretty easy to clean, lightweight, sounds as quiet as the Mask to my ears. Comes with a well-designed tool to shove the baffles out of the can where the Mask has baffle cups that need a little prodding.

I would stay away from monolithic cans. My Thompson Machine Isis 22 is lightweight and very quiet, but it's a pain in the butt to clean if you don't keep the one-piece (monolithic) baffle unit loose and free. You really need to loosen the base and rotate it every now and then while shooting or it locks up. If I can't get mine loose soon I'll have to send it back and let the experts have at it.

Regarding Form 1 cans, I have a C-cell Maglite that I converted in the late 1980s. Never could get it apart, but it still shoots and sounds good after tens of thousands of rounds. It's big and heavy compared to modern designs, but back when I made it there was nothing better available.

There are several companies including Silencershop offering some innovative Form 1 kits; akin to the 80% firearms trend, they provide jigs for drilling out the baffles. Form 1s have a remarkable turnaround from the federal gov't -- well, compared to Form 4s at least. I agree with using one for 22 rimfire only, but that's just me.

Frankly, you get your best bang -- or should I say "pffft" -- for your buck with .22 rimfire cans. I use the Element on my Charger and get one hole groups at 25 yards, hit stationary clay pigeons at 100. It's got a cheapass TruGlo 3x scope and a Shockwave brace and an unnamed folding mechanism ... it's become my new favorite 22. Well, one of them. ;) I may or may not put a better trigger on it ... frankly, in its present form it does all I expected and more. I just need to put in the work to figure out its real potential.

Ruger Charge AAC Element II.jpg
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 10-18-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."