Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Is there a need for a take down Charger?

I get the advantages of the Charger pistol over a rifle but Im wondering were the new Ruger take down rifle fits in the discussion. Perhaps a integrally suppressed version?
    I do not see much difference in them as you can integrally suppress anything. Nothing is interchangeable between them, BTW.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I’m sorry Gabe, I should have been clearer. I was asking two questions. One about how the take down Charger might or might not be useful in this topic

AND second if the take down rifle might also apply to the original Charger topic being discussed

I don't know...we will build up the

CLANDESTINE INTERDICTION RIFLE

on both platforms.....
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Charger I have... anxiously awaiting SI...and supressor.

oh, curious to see what you do with the rifle... I forgot I have a new 10/22 Magpul Backpacker with threaded barrel in the safe that I picked up recently. Still haven't shot it yet!
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    oh, curious to see what you do with the rifle... I forgot I have a new 10/22 Magpul Backpacker with threaded barrel in the safe that I picked up recently. Still haven't shot it yet!
    Yep, when I first saw the Backpacker, I thought "now that has possibilities", then last weekend I saw one with an integrally suppressed barrel that was thinner than the standard "bull barrel" profile. A braced "take down" Charger would be even smaller without needing to fold and thus be thinner.

Picked up a Charger when they first came out. Built a neat system around it but sold it since I was never 100% happy with the awkward wood laminate stock etc. This has me very interested. Cheers!

Purchased the Charger and anxiously awaiting the modificstions like everyone else. Does SI have a supressor in mind for this system? I'm asuming they won't be sold here so I want to get the process started, but if SI is planning on selling them, i will of course purchase here.
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

Quote Originally Posted by AFSOCCRNA View Post
    Purchased the Charger and anxiously awaiting the modificstions like everyone else. Does SI have a supressor in mind for this system? I'm asuming they won't be sold here so I want to get the process started, but if SI is planning on selling them, i will of course purchase here.
    FWIW, I've a Thompson Machine ISIS 22 and a Dead Air Mask. They both work well on both pistols and rifles, both rated for magnums and full auto fire (I looked at that as a sign of good longevity) and are both about as quiet as you can get. Accuracy on both is excellent. I get a little less shift in POI with the Mask. The all-aluminum Thompson is lighter than the Mask but it's a bit longer.

The Thompson is a pain to maintain as the monolithic baffle design can lock up on you post haste if you're not careful; I've learned (the hard way) to loosen it up every fifty or so rounds, rotate the tube to break the lead/carbon loose. For that reason I'd look at something that wasn't a monolithic baffle system.

The Mask has stainless baffles and is a breeze to clean take apart. Just unscrew, pop out the baffles, knock the carbon and lead out, brush it clean, lube (I use silicone oil, some use other oils, some use no lube at all) and reassemble.

I also have an AAC Element awaiting approval. The baffles are a different design from the Mask, but the specs are about the same. It also has a take down tool to help shove the baffles out past the crud.

There are a couple of modular silencers that interest me: the Rugged Occulus and the Silencerco Switchback. You can use the Occulus as both a short and long configuration, the longer being a bit quieter, of course. The Switchback can be used in four configurations: short, medium and two different long with different baffle arrangements for pistol and rifle. No, I don't know exactly how or why, but that's what they advertise.

In short config these two cans are not much larger than an A2 flash suppressor, which would be optimal on the Charger concept.

I am very interested in the Charger as -- depending on the ammo -- a shorter barrel can be quieter than a rifle due to less velocity, less crack. Sometimes subsonic can be hard to find, but CCI standard velocity (1070 fps) works great for me in my pistols and occasionally I get a supersonic crack from my rifles.

My favorite .22 rifle is my Savage Mk II FVSR. It's BB gun quiet with the right subsonic ammo and is more accurate than I am. This is an old photo (with my vintage High Standard Sport King and my Form 1 Maglight silencer, circa 1987). Right now the Savage wears a Vortx 2x7 sighted it in with CCI Quiet, which doesn't do well in my pistols but is nearly silent in a bolt gun; all you can hear is the firing pin and the round hitting downrange. Too bad Savage doesn't make a pistol version of this little gem.
    2011-09-02 19.14.32.jpg
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 01-03-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Mr. Suarez knows how to pare it down to where it should be. I would leave off the bipod, which is great for photographs and on a range toy. If you have to get that low rest on your fist. Sitting or standing I have found extendible sticks (two piece) to work best. For the apparent intended purpose the flush ten shot magazine seems like the huckleberry to me.