Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hatfield View Post
    Geeze. I must be old. BSA used to have two official models of fixed blade knives. They used to also do quarterstaff but that was before my time.
    When I was in during the 1980s they sold those official fixed blades but did not allow them on any activities.

They did sell the walking sticks that we used for quarterstaffs at one camp, but when they found out we were using them that way they did not like it.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

If it wasnt clear Im buying it for me not the young'in.

7M3

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Fixed knives and guns - not welcome.

Girls - welcome.

It’s an upside down world.
    Yup. No surprise they will likely be filing bankruptcy in the coming months. In the last 2 decades the organization has so altered it's moral compass that people aren't interested.

I stay because I fly under the radar and do what I want - for now - and can help some of these boys, who have no other access to male instruction - to learn about being men.

I hope a real outdoors leadership organization for boys, that stands behind it's principles, rises in its ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Fixed knives and guns - not welcome.

Girls - welcome.

It’s an upside down world.
    Well...girls should always be welcome by men...but not for the same reasons that organization welcomes them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Well...girls should always be welcome by men...but not for the same reasons that organization welcomes them.
    Agreed!!
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

The best kukri you will find for heavy use will be the cold steel O-1 steel model. It’s not cheap, but nothing of quality is. The sheath is made of kydex so you will not have to worry about cutting through or puncturing it. With the added bonus of being able to mount it in multiple positions.

A buddy of mine bought a Cold Steel kukri. I haven't cut with it but have swung it around some. It seems handier and more useful than other's I've handled (not that I'm that experienced with them). His idea was to carry one item rather than a separate hatchet and knife. Seems a good idea on paper but I don't know how well it works out in practice.

If you're with a few guys, you can carry different stuff. Test and see what works best. Not everyone needs to carry the same things.

I bought a kukri from Nepal or some place. It's supposed to have been made from a car spring and is a hefty chunk of metal. I'd honestly rather carry a hatchet for real use. I use the kukri for working out.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Mary 3 View Post
    If it wasnt clear Im buying it for me not the young'in.

7M3
    I've never heard of the company you listed, but it has been years since I was active on Bladeforums looking into new companies and new knives.

The knives look good and the prices seem reasonable, and they do offer kydex sheaths as an option.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

I was a scout leader once when my son was interested. I was at a weekly camp, freezing my ass off for two days of it recerting as a lifeguard ( so they could go on “water” activities). It is supposed to be scout led , masters only offering insight. So my troop decides they want to see this spring deep in the big bend moiuntains the event is being held at. Only they want to head out fairly late in the day. Ok, let’s do it. They didn’t know I had enough space Blankets, batteries, emergency rations, spare lights, waterproof tarp, med kit, gun, and all things to take care of them in my pack ( 8 young men), and they didn’t NEED to know. I KNEW we weren’t going to make the spring before dark, but adversity builds character.

A couple hours in and it’s getting dark, chilly, and rainy...... perfect. They decide as a group to turn back and try again tomorrow. OK now it’s time for light discipline and a “forced” march. Kids are cold, but not hypothermic, it sucks, it’s rainy, and yes I cussed a few times about “ only every third person needs a fucking light on”. Hey made it back to camp, has a sense of accomplishment and were stronger young men as a result.

Unfortunately one of the other cuck scoutmasters got a bee in his bonnet ant reported the incident to the district council. I got called into a meeting with the council........

I explained the whole purpose is scout driven activity, all the things that were prepped unbeknownst to the scouts or that cuck, why it was important for them to make decisions under apparent stress/danger , and that yes I sometimes cuss to drive a point home. My saving grace was the leader of the council was a former nuke submariner .... he said it was the best example of scout lead activity he had heard of and was going to use it elsewhere in the district.

I thanked him and advised that while I appreciated his response and would like him to forward the same conclusion to my command, I would no longer be taking part in scouts and would be removing my son as well. You see, the cucks wife though that the council wasn’t enough and reported “her” version of events to my command. Thankfully that was easily cleared up, But i wasn’t going to be affiliated with an organization that might jeopardize my career.

Have fun, have a plan, but tread carefully my friend.
    Last edited by coastalcop; 12-14-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI