Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I recently picked up one of the new Seiko 5 autos to replace my old Orange Monster. Iíve worn it every day for about a month now, and itís yet to lose/gain a minute.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

EMTDaddy1980,

Sweet watch and I am glad I could help you out. Your Courg has the same face mine does and in per looks fantastic. I do enjoy mine and I am sure you will enjoy yours for years to come. It is a handsome tool watch that can take what life has to dish out. The customer service is great and the guy that runs the company is very involved with the project still. Well Done!
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

I wear thr Seio SNDp27A1 I believe on the range. A friend who was a hawker hunter pilot in the Rhodesian Air Force turned me on to it. Its the evolution of the RAF Seiko. https://m.discountshop.com/Seiko-Chr...hoClW8QAvD_BwE

You guys are babes in the woods when it comes to watches. The majority of the watches suggested on this thread are "shitters" in the industry. The equivalent to "Zimmerman specials" and cheap nylon holsters. Unfortunately, you are going to have to increase the price by a factor of ten to get into a quality watch that won't lose half its value the moment you purchase it, and not worth the repair value. If you like them, nothing wrong with that. But they are crap. Save up and buy a pre-owned Rolex or Grand Seiko. You can get into some models for 3-4K. Just about any Rolex will keep its value over time and several current models are worth twice MSRP. Servicing for Rolex is now at 10 years only if needed. Grand Seiko is never. Keep the "shitters" for mowing the lawn and shopping at Walmart.

Default Any watch aficionados around? Need input on reasonably priced Automatic.

Great first post! Many of us here own Rolex, Omega, Ball, Hamilton, Tissot, Tag Heuer, and the like. Why don't you introduce yourself in New Member Questions and tell us how you found WT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadster View Post
    You guys are babes in the woods when it comes to watches. The majority of the watches suggested on this thread are "shitters" in the industry. The equivalent to "Zimmerman specials" and cheap nylon holsters. Unfortunately, you are going to have to increase the price by a factor of ten to get into a quality watch that won't lose half its value the moment you purchase it, and not worth the repair value. If you like them, nothing wrong with that. But they are crap. Save up and buy a pre-owned Rolex or Grand Seiko. You can get into some models for 3-4K. Just about any Rolex will keep its value over time and several current models are worth twice MSRP. Servicing for Rolex is now at 10 years only if needed. Grand Seiko is never. Keep the "shitters" for mowing the lawn and shopping at Walmart.
    Last edited by Jon Payne; 04-08-2019 at 04:54 AM.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Nadster View Post
    Guess it depends on where the priorities lay. I wanted something of higher quality that I could wear working on an ambulance every day. To me wearing a Rolex or Tag on an ambulance shift would be like taking a Porsche Cayenne down a Jeep trail.... yeah it's 4wD..... but why would you. I'm not a watch collector, I'm a blue collar guy who wanted a Nice(er) watch that I can be comfortable wearing on a daily basis. I would liken it to the $500 Glock that you carry day to day instead of the showpiece Les Bauer 1911 that you take out of the safe and fondle at the range every couple months. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I am with emtdaddy1980, it all depends on your priorities. I have "shitter" watches and it does not bother me in the least. My priorities lie elsewhere and my my crap watches work just fine for me. I do not invest in watches, I enjoy the stock market. My firearm collection is pretty extensive, including some very sweet SI models and I do enjoy attending training classes, especially with SI.
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Guys GOOD watches are GOOD watches, they aren't for everyone, nor should they be. If its a decision about whether you can feed your family or buy a new car to replace your hunker VS buying a $$$ watch, then its silly to even think of a watch like that. Heck if its a question of a Rolex or a RMRd Glock, then theres no question. OTOH Ive worn a Rolex or similar everyday since 1990, as a soldier, a cop, a paramedic, etc. Yep once I knocked the bezel off my GMT Master on the door frame, when I banged it while taking out the trash. A couple times, while in a fight, I popped the band (not broken) it just opened it to the extended position.

Watches are something I like. Theres a Wilson 1911 on my list, not because they are "that" great but because I want one.... So I seem to acquire nice watches because I want them. My collection has run from Omega (original Moon watch) Speedmaster, my daily wear is the Rolex I bought in 1990, and a few old 19th century pocket watches; plus a slew of others like Seikos, Hamiltons, and Marathon. Guys who are afraid to wear their (too nice to wear) watches because they don't want to ruin them are like guys who don't want to have sex with their girlfriends because they want to keep them nice for the next guy??? IDK (joking)

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Guys GOOD watches are GOOD watches, they aren't for everyone, nor should they be. If its a decision about whether you can feed your family or buy a new car to replace your hunker VS buying a $$$ watch, then its silly to even think of a watch like that. Heck if its a question of a Rolex or a RMRd Glock, then theres no question. OTOH Ive worn a Rolex or similar everyday since 1990, as a soldier, a cop, a paramedic, etc. Yep once I knocked the bezel off my GMT Master on the door frame, when I banged it while taking out the trash. A couple times, while in a fight, I popped the band (not broken) it just opened it to the extended position.

Watches are something I like. Theres a Wilson 1911 on my list, not because they are "that" great but because I want one.... So I seem to acquire nice watches because I want them. My collection has run from Omega (original Moon watch) Speedmaster, my daily wear is the Rolex I bought in 1990, and a few old 19th century pocket watches; plus a slew of others like Seikos, Hamiltons, and Marathon. Guys who are afraid to wear their (too nice to wear) watches because they don't want to ruin them are like guys who don't want to have sex with their girlfriends because they want to keep them nice for the next guy??? IDK (joking)
    My point was that someone who only wears Rolexes insisting that a $500 watch is "shit" is a lot like someone with the $4,000 custom 1911 saying the same thing about a Glock. I did 6 months worth of research and chose this watch specifically for durability... thus the titanium body and thick saphire crystal, and the movement that's easy to service or replace if necessary. Is the Rolex more accurate down to the millisecond...dunno...maybe...would I be able to replace the Rolex if the band popped during a fight and it disappeared..... no...so it would be foolish for me to wear one to work everyday. I like watches too...but to me it's a tool, not an investment.

There are men who like tool watches....and there are tools who like men's watches... :-) kidding.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nadsterís comment was bullshit and an uniformed opinion. If you appreciate time pieces thereís nothing wrong with wanting a quality tool watch at a decent price point.

Iíve owned Rolex and Omega. Bought my XO a nice Datejust; much nicer than the one I wore. She wears it everyday. I sold my Datejust because Iím in the market for a GMT II ďBatmanĒ. I bought my Omega SMP 300m after I sold out my first SI class.

I wear it proudly everywhere. Truth be known, my Omega is more accurate than any other mechanical watch Iíve ever seen.

Rolex is a marketing genius and are the best known luxury time pieces , but they are far from the highest quality or most expensive.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX