Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SNIPER RIFLE SYSTEMS AND OTHER STUFF FOR 2019

lssxl_gen2_navigation_image_1024x1024.jpg

As I mentioned a while ago, in 2019 we will be exploring a new area. The bolt action sniper rifle. I plan to focus on two platforms from Remington. The 700-CP - the bolt action pistol. And the 700 SPS with the 16.5" barrel.
    We will have these at the store in factory form for purchase. (If you were thinking of getting one of these, support the forum where you get so much free info.) As well, we will have custom accessories to optimize each platform. We have already joined with MDT Chassis as a dealer and will be adding new vendors soon. As well, the inevitable, we will be making our own accessories for these platforms. When you buy one of these "rifles" we will have options for customizing from different finishes, addition of trigger and chassis options, and optics choices. So you will have exactly what you want and not need to hunt around for different items to piece together.

There will be inevitable questions so we will answer some here preemptively:

Q-1). Why Remington and not Mossberg or Savage or...?

A-1). Like it or not, just like Glock rules the pistol world, Remington rules the bolt action rifle market. If I want to profit, I need to attack the largest part of the market.

Q-2). Are other bolt actions better?

A-2). All mass produced factory guns are the same quality today. All require customizing to reach optimal performance. Remington is the easiest to do this with.

Q-3). Why .308 and not 6.5 grendel, Creedmore, 7mm-08, 300-70 wildcat?

A-3). See question number one. Same thing applies to caliber.

Q-4). So if I buy one of these rifles and ask to have the chassis installed and the bolt handle changed and in OD Green Cerakote, I will get the finished rifle I want?

A-4). Yes...just like the pistol and Tac-14 programs

Q-5). What optics can I get with this?

A-5). We will have Leupold, and maybe a few other quality units. If you want your own scope mounted, we can do that as well, including get you a preliminary zero at 100 yards.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Very Nice! Those who work as LE Snipers in my area call these "Pirate Guns". Due to the geography of the area our regional team covers, the 20"-26" barrel is not necessary for the distances to target we often find ourselves at. Just as the Red Dot Pistol is becoming more prevalent in LE, so will the Pirate Gun for LE Snipers. Your Avatar etched somewhere on the chassis or barrel would be a nice touch.
    My own Pirate Gun: Rem 700 LH, .308 MDT Chassis, 16.5" threaded barrel, SASS Suppressor, Leupold 4.5-14 x 50.

Pirate Guns? I love it. Any details you could share with their development and concept application would be awesome.
    Gabriel Suarez

I am up for a pirate gun..after I get my Tac-14 ..er, blunderbuss customized..
    In every country where independence has taken the place of liberty, the first desire of a manly heart is to possess a weapon, which at once renders him capable of defence or attack, and, by rendering its owner terrible, often makes him feared- Alexandre Dumas

I think that a 14.5" barrel in .308, with a pinned-and-welded flashhider/QD would make sense. As common as that barrel length is in the AR world, it seems to be rare in bolt guns. That would necessarily be custom work, because the muzzle device will vary depending on what silencer the person owns.
    Virtute et Armis

This is great timing, as Ive been playing with bolt action precision rifles. I have to agree that Remington is the way to go, and so is 308 for a rifle cartridge. Yes, there may be better choices; but not when faced with real world applications and the need for aftermarket options/accessories.

Im hoping we can also look into night vision mounting solutions. Currently Im playing with the Badger Ord embedded front rail and the Precision Reflex 16" rail. The Badger requires the stock to be milled, then the base to be bedded into the stock. The PRI is a traditional but loooong rail. It uses 8x40 screws, so the action needs to be changed from the standard 6x48 threads. I haven't found any better mounting system for modern night vision. Both are quality items and priced accordingly. the Badger Ord runs just under $200 and the PRI closer to $300. The only other system is the Remington MARS (modular accessory rail system) which is $500+ and impossible to find.

The thought of a short bolt gun with an arm brace has me drooling. My 30 cal can needs a new friend....

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    This is great timing, as Ive been playing with bolt action precision rifles. I have to agree that Remington is the way to go, and so is 308 for a rifle cartridge. Yes, there may be better choices; but not when faced with real world applications and the need for aftermarket options/accessories.

Im hoping we can also look into night vision mounting solutions. Currently Im playing with the Badger Ord embedded front rail and the Precision Reflex 16" rail. The Badger requires the stock to be milled, then the base to be bedded into the stock. The PRI is a traditional but loooong rail. It uses 8x40 screws, so the action needs to be changed from the standard 6x48 threads. I haven't found any better mounting system for modern night vision. Both are quality items and priced accordingly. the Badger Ord runs just under $200 and the PRI closer to $300. The only other system is the Remington MARS (modular accessory rail system) which is $500+ and impossible to find.
    XLR has a good night vision mount for their Element chassis... But I think it kind of marries you to their system.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Ive noticed a significant increase in blast from a 16 to 18 ish inch barrel length.

Not if you use a proper muzzle device or a can. There is no Out Of California reason to not do so.
    Gabriel Suarez