Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I really like the idea of a flashlight that replaces the mag tube cap and just looks like an extension of the mag tube itself. But the only one I have ever seen was pretty chintzy.
    One handed momentary ON-OFF operation?

No?

Not a serious item for consideration.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    One handed momentary ON-OFF operation?

No?

Not a serious item for consideration.
    Agreed. I passed.

I wonder at what point guns will come with ďfactory optionsĒ just like cars. There was a time when you purchased a car and then later bought a radio to install. Today that would be unimaginable. If you designed a gun from the ground up, you would be limited only by the laws of physics and economics.

Why doesnít someone build a shotgun that has the light built right into it, and a switch/pad that flows seamlessly into the grip?

Electronics are now a part of guns. I still have some trepidation about electronics because I fear part failure more than I do with mechanical parts. Iím not ready for an electronic trigger. But I would love to see more electronic adaptability built right into guns from the factory. Run some wires through the frame. Build in a pressure pad that can be hooked up to whatever.

Legacy platforms control so much of the market that improvement will sometimes be a market failure. But younger shooters, in particular, trust the technology. Why not make an AR15 pistol grip with an incorporated pressure pad that links up to the light by Bluetooth? Why not built a laser/IR/illuminator/light/sight that is all incorporated into a handguard that is designed around them?

I may just be reading too much science fiction, but I often find myself frustrated lately at the crudeness of our current tools. I have an old Singer sewing machine that people who are familiar with sewing often look at in befuddlement. It was made at a time when electric sewing machines were just becoming available. Singer took a treadle-powered machine and just slapped an electric motor onto the side of it. It works, but itís absurd and inelegant. I look at a lot of what we are using today and think that shooters in the future will look at our gear the same way I look at that old sewing machine. Electronics are no longer optional; they are a given. We should be designing guns from the very beginning with a plan to incorporate lights, lasers, optics, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Virtute et Armis

I will tell you why that will never happen - the masses of the gun market are not what we have here. The masses of the gun market are cheap, price-only buyers that keep keltTec and Uncle Mikes in business. They will either convince themselves they don't "need" what they can't "afford" or they will jury-rig up a WASR10 and call it a Knights rifle. Anything that is done is done for profit, and while it would not be difficult to do any of these things, the market for them would be very small.

You could add a short 2" light to the front end of a magazine tube extension...machine the entire thing so it was one unit and use bluetooth technology to operate the light with switches in the hand guard and pistol grip. But its not going to be something the Mouth Breather Saiga Brigade will be able to afford.

Thank fully, no modern production gun is good to go as it comes and all could be improved for a given purpose. That gap is where people like us come in.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I wonder at what point guns will come with “factory options” just like cars.
    This sounds great in theory, but then you get things like Glock MOS.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Why not make an AR15 pistol grip with an incorporated pressure pad that links up to the light by Bluetooth? Why not built a laser/IR/illuminator/light/sight that is all incorporated into a handguard that is designed around them?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...m/linq/01-5560

Maybe I should be writing science fiction. Itís like I can see the future.

Virtute et Armis

Maybe I should be writing science fiction. It’s like I can see the future.

Any guesses for Mega Millions numbers? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KalashMan View Post
    Any guesses for Mega Millions numbers? lol
    No, but I can offer this: I predict that you will not win the lottery.
    Virtute et Armis