Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MYTH BUSTING: THE SOUND OF THE PUMP ACTION

Stakeout-870-0606.jpg

I hate Facebook. The number of ignorant people on FB is actually astounding. Ignorant people are not bad people, but you wonder with the innovations in modern information, that well...never mind. I hate facebook, but modern business requires it. Got a serious question this morning about my thoughts on the racking sound of the shotgun "scaring" an adversary.

My reply - I have always gone into battle with a fully loaded and chambered weapon. If you shoot them in the face with a 12 ga, I guarantee they will in fact shit their pants...I have seen it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Finally. Thank you.

One of the defects of the platform, or the AR for that matter, is how noisy it is to make ready from cruiser ready.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 11. And a wakeup.

The only thing I count on sound being is a target locator, and I have no plans on becoming a target.

What’s that old saying, if they hear the pump it’s already too late...

That would be the 1st sound they (might) hear after the 1st hole has been punched into them.

Soooooo gehy.... just no

All the long guns in my house and vehicles are cruiser ready. If I need to access them the action working is going to be the quietest portion of the event in very short order.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 08-22-2018 at 07:42 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

The only sound should be the safety coming off.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

Quote Originally Posted by PRC 74 View Post
    The only sound should be the safety coming off.
    The only sound should be "boom"
    I've seen cleaner lines and sharper edges on a box of donuts --- Jon Payne

For the ignorant who think that racking an empty shotgun will scare someone off - there are plenty of us who know the difference between the sound of an empty shotgun being cycled, and a shell being cycled into the chamber.
    There are two types of pain in this world, one of discipline, and one of regret. - Greg Nichols

Because most like the idea of being a warrior more than the reality of it. - Dave Sauer

Human beings aren’t the top of the food chain because we’re just so clever. We’re there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isn’t buried all that deep.

"Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

I never understood the thought process (didn't say reasoning) behind carrying a gun with an empty chamber. Or carrying a 30 round magazine with 28 rounds in it, etc. My P07 has 13 in it as carried (1 in the chamber, 12 in the magazine). My spare magazines are P09 with +2's on them, so the spares are 17 rounds. Why, why would you carry a 17 round magazine with less than 17 rounds in it?

Why would you carry a shotgun with 4 in it when it could have been 5.

To paraphrase my next door neighbor's son: "People are funny." He doesn't mean haha funny either.