Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Both houses of congress will have to agree to it/pass it before it goes to the President. Then he has to sign it. I would not expect (expect is the word/feeling) the Senate to approve of such a law, not when they know who elected them and why. Many of them will be on the chopping block in 2 years.

Having said all that, I've been considering buying some stripped AR15 lowers to put away for the current young ones and the ones we hope we'll see in the next 3 to 5 years.

Based on that recent ATF ruling that .50 caliber bolt action uppers that fit on AR15 lowers are actually firearms since they have a receiver and bolt. I wonder how long it might be till they decide compete AR15 uppers are firearms. Or the AR15 stripped upper is a firearm (like the AR15 stripped lower). Thinking about buying some stripped uppers, too. I can always get bolts/barrels/free float tubes, etc. at a later date when the "kids" are older and should have a better idea of what they'd like on their AR15's, someday.

Probably should buy up magazines here and there as well.

Two of the 8 year olds already have those little single shot .22's designed for short shooters so I know the parents won't be against them having AR15's some day (the parents already have AR15's).

Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post
    Both houses of congress will have to agree to it/pass it before it goes to the President. Then he has to sign it. I would not expect (expect is the word/feeling) the Senate to approve of such a law, not when they know who elected them and why. Many of them will be on the chopping block in 2 years.

Having said all that, I've been considering buying some stripped AR15 lowers to put away for the current young ones and the ones we hope we'll see in the next 3 to 5 years.

Based on that recent ATF ruling that .50 caliber bolt action uppers that fit on AR15 lowers are actually firearms since they have a receiver and bolt. I wonder how long it might be till they decide compete AR15 uppers are firearms. Or the AR15 stripped upper is a firearm (like the AR15 stripped lower). Thinking about buying some stripped uppers, too. I can always get bolts/barrels/free float tubes, etc. at a later date when the "kids" are older and should have a better idea of what they'd like on their AR15's, someday.

Two of the 8 year olds already have those little single shot .22's designed for short shooters so I know the parents won't be against them having AR15's some day (the parents already have AR15's).
    I think a lot of us are thinking along these lines. You can buy basic uppers for about 200 bucks fully assembled and ready to go that are not chromed or other wise coated for the barrel bores. Arm braced pistol types would be the more useful, but those uppers I think would retail for a bit more. Right just thinking about it and here is 80% receivers would be needed since there is no record and for the moment they are legal.
    Not saying I will do such, but just wondering aloud. Anything that has been to a gunshop for work has a record listed for it as already mentioned that someday could end up in an ATF computer.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post

Won't be long until the 2020 Ammo/Magazine/AR15 panic begins. Gabe should wait a couple more years before retiring, it's gonna be lucrative...
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    Won't be long until the 2020 Ammo/Magazine/AR15 panic begins. Gabe should wait a couple more years before retiring, it's gonna be lucrative...
    The question will be how to make the most money. The last time, it was the entry-level ARs and AKs that offered the largest profit margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    The question will be how to make the most money. The last time, it was the entry-level ARs and AKs that offered the largest profit margins.
    Little has changed with the shepple.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez