• G17 9mm

55 96.49%
  • G22 .40 S&W

0 0%
  • G21 .45acp

2 3.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsavik View Post
    Something to consider... A glock 35 can be a .40, a 9mm or 357 sig, which is underrated and overpriced.....Some people don't like the 40 to 9 conversion, but I have, in my limited experience, have not had an issue.

Of the three you listed, I'd do the 17.
    I like the 40-9 conversion for training but I wouldn't carry it for serious business. If that's the choice then definitely change the extractor and ejector to 9mm. I still think it's adding a variable that is easily avoided with just getting a 9.

The 357 conversion is easy because it only requires a barrel. My 357 conversions have been 100% reliable. My 40-9 conversion has been mostly reliable, I only use it for training.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Recommend “skipping a size” - here is what I mean by that:

If you only had a 26 then I would say get a G17
    If you only had a 19 I would say get a G34

Since you have both a 26 and a 19 I would skip a size up to the G34.

This opinion, as always, is worth what you paid for it - just food for thought.

Stay dangerous

Jake
    Wait for the Lord. Behave yourself manfully, and be of good courage.
    Do not be faithless, but stay in your place and do not turn back.
    Thomas Kempis

The results of this poll seem to be rather lopsided. I think you have your answer. Now go buy a G17.

I like Jake's recommendation of a G34, but if it were me I would start with a base G17, then later buy a Supermatch G34 slide (that will fit right on your G17 frame and comes already milled for an RMR) and a match grade barrel.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    The results of this poll seem to be rather lopsided. I think you have your answer. Now go buy a G17.

I like Jake's recommendation of a G34, but if it were me I would start with a base G17, then later buy a Supermatch G34 slide (that will fit right on your G17 frame and comes already milled for an RMR) and a match grade barrel.
    This was my recommendation as well.

From there you can later by an additional frame for a PDW.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Hmm....I'd be really tempted to price a G17 frame, then build the gun up to suit. Supermatch slide, etc.

Glock could make a fortune with a "Suarez Special" premium line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    Hmm....I'd be really tempted to price a G17 frame, then build the gun up to suit. Supermatch slide, etc.

Glock could make a fortune with a "Suarez Special" premium line.
    Glock will NEVER give credit when credit is due. Can’t blame them. If I had that legal team, I wouldn’t either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My algebra skills are kinda rusty, but ....

(G17 + PDW kit) (Suarez Comp + RMR/suppressor) = Infinite Possibilities

You can make a PDW. You can suppress it. You can comp it. You can cut the frame to G19 proportions if you like. You can plink, train, defend, compete, even shoot a bear if you feel the urge. You can do it anyway you want. The forum search function is your friend.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

MY vote would be for a G34 and if you really felt the need for more power and range, then Id go with a 10mm RMR'd G20 or a 357SIG barrel in a G35 with a RMR.

Since they weren't options, another G19 makes sense (maybe add a RMR). Id skip anything 40SW and Im not sure I feel the need for a G30 or even a G21.

Enjoy

Thanks gentlemen. I was leaning towards the G17. You folks just confirmed my beliefs.

Mario

I freaking love the G45 right now. Highly suggest a dude handles and shoots one.