Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    There is another scenario for full 30's and that is when the bad guys are in vehicles or other barriers.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I have a .300 that is now my General Purpose (or averaged duty use) go to rifle. Shoots supers/ subs and just plain works (I thought i posted a pic of it but I cant find it beyond the one with the dog ) . From there we go a 9mm based niche system. While it hasnt dropped folks in the operational sense, it does drop pigs and deer mighty quick (if you do your job) and loses little velocity with the 8.5 barrel.

With the advent of now collapsible arm braces , I would have just done it as a pistol instead of the full SBR build

It was also using the same scout w remote setup that Gabes pistol is, I do run it perm suppressed with a direct thread can GMT300
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coastalcop; 12-05-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I find the 8.5 to 9 inch 300 as the ultimate compact rifle. Tons better, more accurate and easier to run than ANY short AK, and will kill anything in my AO...silently.

It is what I generally carry in the back country for lions, bears, feral bulls and doomsday breaking-bad types that may cross my path.

Waiting for the incessant naysayers in three...two...one...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I find the 8.5 to 9 inch 300 as the ultimate compact rifle. Tons better, more accurate and easier to run than ANY short AK, and will kill anything in my AO...silently.

It is what I generally carry in the back country for lions, bears, feral bulls and doomsday breaking-bad types that may cross my path.

Waiting for the incessant naysayers in three...two...one...
    No nay saying, but interested.
    What kind of velocities does a 9 inch barreled 300 blackout give say with a 125 grain bullet.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    No nay saying, but interested.
    What kind of velocities does a 9 inch barreled 300 blackout give say with a 125 grain bullet.
    Around 2100 fps depending on the load. 110 is around 2300. .300 blk only loses about 200 fps from a 16" barrel to an 8" barrel.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Around 2100 fps depending on the load. 110 is around 2300. .300 blk only loses about 200 fps from a 16" barrel to an 8" barrel.
    That matches my results as well.

One of those 125's (a Nosler Ballistic Tip) from my 9" 300 pistol accounted for my son's first deer a couple weeks ago. It was all the gun needed for that animal; one shot and down. The damage was every bit as good as I've seen from 30/30 and others in that class.

I have been interested in the 300 blackout in the pistol format with arm brace w/o the silencer. Those velocities since they are apparently measured from individual guns are likely more realistic than what what one would see claimed by manufacturers.

I likely need to search here and maybe on the internet for the correct upper and buffer tube components for the 300 bkout pistol set up.

on buffer tube,

Lots of folks swear by the SB3 adjustable brace for theirs.

I am using a KAK shockwave 2.0 (Gabe was looking into testing/carrying them in the shop as well) on my ultralight 9mm AR with good results as well (NOT as light as the Glock PDW but more robust, a little more hand room on the rail, and I can still muzzle strike with it)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Running the new CMMG Ripbrace and like it a lot so far. Quick to deploy.
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...