Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Think of it as physically efficient taint stabbing with minimal elbow motion for six reps.
    Just reading that makes me want one.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Just reading that makes me want one.
    You can't chop the grip and add a longer barrel to this one
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    I see that the Seecamp website only shows JHP ammo recommended for their pistol. My experience has been that most JHP ammo in these small calibers often fail to expand and if the do expand, penetration is quite often much less than minimum 12" desired.

Does anyone have experience shooting FMJ ammo from this pistol? How about with Underwood Extreme Cavitator? (https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...=7865934184505)

Thanks.
    For the .32 ACP and .25 ACP my choice would be FMJ with some qualifications. The .32 ACP does have what is described as rim lock in some pistols. The .32 ACP is a semi-rimmed case. Many of the expanding bullets are slightly shorter than the FMJ loads in most cases. A magazine long enough to accept FMJ was more likely to get rim lock with the shorter soft points. The original seacamp .32 were set up work with a load of specific length. I am not sure where that is now.

The other caution is that while the 'expanding' bullet loads in .32 ACP are loaded towards the upper end of SAMMI spec, some of the .32 FMJ is not. I use to look at publish velocities and would pick the company with the higher listed velocites. But we all know that published advertised velocities in the real world are often not reached.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Never met a .380 I liked, the .25 is too anemic, and the .32 is like Baby Bear's porridge.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 13. And a wakeup.

Dug out "our" .32; tried it on a number of surfaces, furniture, and me. Have yet to find a way to force it out of battery on a contact shot.

Spare me the safety lecture.

I will say this--a .32 Seecamp punched into, say, an upper leg, hurts like f*** even without firing a round.

I would like to have seen the 9mm they talked about building, even as vaporware.

Live fire this weekend, just to make sure, on a suitable simulated torso.
    Last edited by Papa; 11-30-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 13. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    You can't chop the grip and add a longer barrel to this one
    That’s a good one. Read it earlier and still laughing
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

The only thing I'll add to the ammo conversation is simply use the Silvertips. It's what the manufacturer says is good to go. They engineered the gun to use it, and you want the gun to work. I have nothing against ball, Buffalo Bore or Gold Dots but the manufacturers recommended loads are the smart money to spend.

A long slide......that's fun. The "Brent Special"

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    The only thing I'll add to the ammo conversation is simply use the Silvertips. It's what the manufacturer says is good to go. They engineered the gun to use it, and you want the gun to work. I have nothing against ball, Buffalo Bore or Gold Dots but the manufacturers recommended loads are the smart money to spend.

A long slide......that's fun. The "Brent Special"
    http://www.seecamp.com/ammunition.htm

Hereís the list. Gold Dots are recommended. If you read the Seecamp forums, Gold Dots are the most recommend brand. Iíve shot everything on the list and them some. Chris Garvey, the General Manager of the Seecamp Factory wanted my input on recommendations for ammo. Silvertipís are not the best choice for reliability anymore, but they still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    For the .32 ACP and .25 ACP my choice would be FMJ with some qualifications. The .32 ACP does have what is described as rim lock in some pistols. The .32 ACP is a semi-rimmed case. Many of the expanding bullets are slightly shorter than the FMJ loads in most cases. A magazine long enough to accept FMJ was more likely to get rim lock with the shorter soft points. The original seacamp .32 were set up work with a load of specific length. I am not sure where that is now.

The other caution is that while the 'expanding' bullet loads in .32 ACP are loaded towards the upper end of SAMMI spec, some of the .32 FMJ is not. I use to look at publish velocities and would pick the company with the higher listed velocites. But we all know that published advertised velocities in the real world are often not reached.
    My advice is not to shoot fmj in a Seecamp; you can google Larry Seecampís opinion on the matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Guys I have a 32 NAA Guardian and I very much want one of these. I wanted one when I bought the Guardian but they were unobtanium. The Guardian is "OK" but everything Ive learned about these says they are great, and BTW smaller than the NAA. These are the guns you carry when you cant carry a gun.

I wouldn't get in a tizzy over cartridge choices or for that matter bullet choices for this gun. Find one that goes bang and cycles (and that shouldn't be an issue), then buy a box or two and forget it. This is a contact gun, muzzle on flesh weapon. Its not a speed draw gun either, its a deep cover gun. It would be perfect in an old school wallet holster; but since those are now NFA territory, the back pocket holster seems a good option.