Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Meant to comment yesterday. That's a fine collection of up close and personal. That Colt hammer spur wouldn't last long around here, although I've learned to buy a spare hammer to whittle on. As for the Scandium Smith, all I can say is, "Ouch!" Good on you, I'm too old for one of those!
    The Colt Agent is pretty awesome. The double action is old Colt smooth and the sights are better than you'd expect on a gun that small and light. I resisted cutting the spur, however, as I frankly had no snags and was no slower drawing it as I was with any of my hammerless Smiths. It and the S&W Model 38 are two of my old school favorites. I have a deSantis ankle holster -- the Colt fits in a J-frame leather holster, no prob -- and used to carry them as reload/backup to the 340PD when I worked in the office for the gov't.

Yeah, the secret to the scandium is don't shoot magnums in it; the sensation is akin to blocking a baseball bat and full swing with your hand. I used to run it with a cylinder or two of magnums once a year or so to keep it real. Then I got over that little learning disability and kept to my Gold Dots.

I used to carry snubbies a lot before retiring, but that all changed with the advent of the G43. That little gun changed my life; I'm so happy with it I have two 43s rigged up identically with Gabe's triggers. I might stick a J-frame in my vest or jacket pocket out of nostalgia, but the 43 is always with me, as is the Seecamp. Like I said, options are valuable.

Regarding dry firing the Seecamp, by the way, I've dry fired the heck out of mine, just as I've dry fired my Glocks, 1911s and J-frames to build and reinforce muscle memory for pointing and trigger familiarization. No problems, so far, so good. I find the Seecamp trigger easy and smooth, waaaaay better than my Beretta 21A (Ptui!), more along the lines of a nice J-frame. It's true double strike, if that means anything to you, but after about a hundred rounds of Gold Dot I've not had any primer ignition issues. After all these years I'm still fascinated by this tiny, jewel-like object that is so stout and robust and deadly.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Purchase order sent in today...waiting on final tally but we may have two left over which I will offer at the group buy price.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Purchase order sent in today...waiting on final tally but we may have two left over which I will offer at the group buy price.
    I will buy one in .32 in the morning, if it is available. Thanks in advance, Karl
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

SECOND GROUP BUY IS NOW OPEN
    Gabriel Suarez

Can the transfer/documentation be done at SI in Prescott?

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    Can the transfer/documentation be done at SI in Prescott?
    Yes it can
    Gabriel Suarez

Would you take a 10 year old Pap Van Winkle in trade?

��

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Would you take a 10 year old Pap Van Winkle in trade?

��
    Unopened? Id give a $300 credit (out of pocket).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cash is better...getting it back on the freeway after the bunny trail

seecamp-GB1.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

One other thing to consider in owning/buying a Seecamp: I highly recommend getting at least one spare mag, and even better, two. Why? It's not for the speed reload, that's for sure.

The Seecamp's unique design -- it is a teeny tiny piece of machinery, you know -- requires a magazine in place to cycle the slide. The magazine helps hold the trigger bar spring in place, so the gun is designed to not fire nor cycle without a mag in place. The bottom line is the company highly recommends to NOT try and cycle the slide without a magazine.

That's where the spare mags come in. A spare empty magazine makes unloading the Seecamp a breeze; if you only have one magazine and want to unload your gun to clean it or dry-fire or whatever, you have to first unload your magazine, replace it and then eject the chambered round. You could cycle through all the rounds in your mag, but unless you're at the range that's no fun.

When I got my gun it came with three total mags, which was a blessing in disguise. For what it's worth, I keep two loaded, one unloaded. Whenever I wanna dry-fire/practice/whatever I change to my spare unloaded mag, eject the chambered round and place it with my loaded mags. I then check, double check and triple check the empty chamber and mag before doing any dry-fire drills.

When reloading the gun, I rotate mags and ammo. I do this about once a month or so. About once a year I take the whole kit out and shoot the mags empty, then load fresh ammo. I have to confess I don't shoot it much. To me it's not a plinker. I do have a Beretta 21A that I play with, plink, etc.; it's not the same as the Seecamp, but a bird in hand ....

Anywho, not trying to shill for SI or Seecamp, but just a suggestion. Even if you don't dry-fire much, you can't have too many mags.
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 12-09-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."