Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    I never thought I’d see the death of the gentleman warrior concept. I’ve seen several here, to my great surprise, explain they’d not help another if there wasn’t anything in it for them.

This talk makes a law enforcement officer like me wonder why i, and other like me, go to work. Don’t say money, only the uneducated who haven’t served would think the money actually makes a difference whatsoever.

I think next time, to fit in, I’m asked to do something like rent the meeting location at my expense to teach the class, do a threat assessment, or whatever, I’ll have to ask “what’s in it for me?”.

Sometimes, we do things guys because it’s just the right thing to do.
    Correct to a point but let me explain a few things. 1. If I intervene in a situation, it will be with overwhelming force and violence. There is not much that is worth the potential cost to me if it does not involve myself or a family member. Like Jack Donovan says "Not my people, not my problem."

2. As a society we have lost the ability to identify evil. Am I willing to risk going to jail or otherwise putting my life or freedom at risk if someone who "sang in his church choir" or "was turning his life around" gets injured or killed by my intervention? Nope. Were my actions or intentions good? Yes. Will they be recognized as such? More than likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    Correct to a point but let me explain a few things. 1. If I intervene in a situation, it will be with overwhelming force and violence. There is not much that is worth the potential cost to me if it does not involve myself or a family member. Like Jack Donovan says "Not my people, not my problem.".
    You are stopped taking a call in the parking lot of a shopping mall and see a dude get out of his car wearing a long black trench coat. That is the first thing that gets your attention since you just raised the vent to get more AC in the July afternoon. He moves to his trunk and gets out a bag and a rifle...loads the rifle and starts walking toward the mall.

You gonna keep on with your call or do something...and if do something what will that be?
    Let's change that up...he is walking into a kidergarten school.

If Donovan suggests that nobody but you and your family are ever worth taking action for I will call him a big fat pussy right now and deem him unworthy of being in our presence. Anyone who thinks like that I would tell them to not waste their time here.

I don't think that is what YOU mean, otherwise there is no reason to even be on WT. But we need to get our thinking correct on this. That is part of the mind dojo stuff. Think it through before so when you do see it happening, your flowchart pathways to action and justification have already been established.

Are we going to risk anything for the meth princess and her ghetto pimp? Hell no...but not everyone out there is like that.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    Correct to a point but let me explain a few things. 1. If I intervene in a situation, it will be with overwhelming force and violence. There is not much that is worth the potential cost to me if it does not involve myself or a family member. Like Jack Donovan says "Not my people, not my problem."

2. As a society we have lost the ability to identify evil. Am I willing to risk going to jail or otherwise putting my life or freedom at risk if someone who "sang in his church choir" or "was turning his life around" gets injured or killed by my intervention? Nope. Were my actions or intentions good? Yes. Will they be recognized as such? More than likely not.
    You have to filter it through the Flowchart. That is THE decision making process that will keep you out of trouble, you can be wrong about the incident and still be legal. Johnathan, was instrumental in the development of the flow chart as it specifically outlines when you can intervene and when you shouldn't. It removes the confusion that leads to inaction. I agreed with you above in so much as if it's not "shocking the consciousness" (active shooter, stabber, whatever) or if you saw it develop and know the story behind it. There are some things that I consider obvious. Dude wrestling with a cop, young guy beating on an a geriatric, things like that and I'm jumping in immediately. When it comes to 2 adults (male or female) or adult (male or female) and teen/pre-teen I need more info as there are too many factors involved if I didn't see it develop and what the trigger for violence was.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    When it comes to 2 adults (male or female) or adult (male or female) and teen/pre-teen I need more info as there are too many factors involved if I didn't see it develop and what the trigger for violence was.
    And THIS is where the not my circus discussion comes in. Have seriously lost the ability to profile people? If I bring in an 80 year old granny and a 25 year old LA gutter gangmember will you not be able to tell the differences without somehow exploding your brain with racism, inequality and all the SJW crap that floats like anal gas on society today?

I think you WILL be able to tell the difference and that will guide your response. Like I said...restating for those who can't read well.

Thug versus Thug...any sex, any race, any place, any numbers - as LAPD used to say, "No Humans Involved". I am not even calling anyone...simply leaving. My time is far more valuable than to now be a witness in a report of some gang homicide.

Thug versus and Innocent...like a mom with kids (maybe your wife)...like an elderly person (maybe your mom)...like a child (maybe your kid on the way home from school), I am stepping in. And stepping in doesn't necessarily mean 100 mph guns blazing. If that is the only speed you have your skills suck. Go back to school and learn how to fight like a modern first world man.

Again -

READ THE FLOWCHART
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    You are stopped taking a call in the parking lot of a shopping mall and see a dude get out of his car wearing a long black trench coat. That is the first thing that gets your attention since you just raised the vent to get more AC in the July afternoon. He moves to his trunk and gets out a bag and a rifle...loads the rifle and starts walking toward the mall.

You gonna keep on with your call or do something...and if do something what will that be?
    Let's change that up...he is walking into a kidergarten school.

If Donovan suggests that nobody but you and your family are ever worth taking action for I will call him a big fat pussy right now and deem him unworthy of being in our presence. Anyone who thinks like that I would tell them to not waste their time here.

I don't think that is what YOU mean, otherwise there is no reason to even be on WT. But we need to get our thinking correct on this. That is part of the mind dojo stuff. Think it through before so when you do see it happening, your flowchart pathways to action and justification have already been established.

Are we going to risk anything for the meth princess and her ghetto pimp? Hell no...but not everyone out there is like that.
    Donovan deals with "the tribe." Groups of men with complementary skills who challenge and hold each other to higher standards. Really interesting discussions on being a good man vs being good at being a man. If they are not a part of the tribe, then it's not our problem. Nothing pussy about it. When you become better at being a man, you contribute more to the tribe. He is one of the "dissidents" who writes about the four Tactical Virtues-Strength, Courage, Mastery and Honor. Highly suggest reading it.

That said, potential active shooter, of course you intervene. That's a chance to go hunting. If it's crackhead vs crackhead or other makeup, then not my problem.