Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Not sure if you remember or not but in the August red dot pistol class I thanked you part way into day one for the way you ran your class. I told you I've trained with guys whom "had a resume", the rest of that converstion I won't make public because while I don't think he's a very good instructor I do think he's an honorable man.
    Also I will say, and I'm not disagreeing with your position, I've found that just having a "resume" is not enough.

I've said many times there is something special about SI. I say that because I've been to many many other schools and this is where I've landed, because it's about so much more than a resume.
    I do recall. All my guys have a resume in various disciplines. Most have fought their fights alone, not as a member of anything. There are resumes and there are resumes. The message is not that you need a resume, but that personal experience in something other than gun games is essential.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I do recall. All my guys have a resume in various disciplines. Most have fought their fights alone, not as a member of anything. There are resumes and there are resumes. The message is not that you need a resume, but that personal experience in something other than gun games is essential.
    An instructor should have the "gravitas" that comes from experience, comportment and skill in instruction.
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...

And not be asking the students if he is doing it right.......
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    And not be asking the students if he is doing it right.......
    SO true! Every once in a while someone, usually a former student, will ask me if I can instruct them on maneuvers I haven’t done myself, let alone taught, in years. I thank them but explain why I’m not the right guy for that particular subject matter and how it’s not beneficial to them or a wise use of their resources, but that I’m more than happy to point them towards another instructor who is right for the job. The opposite option of stroking your own ego with bullsh*t usually just makes a mess and stinks so bad that no one wants to be around you again. Not exactly the reputation I’m going for lol.
    Check 6,
    Air Pirate out.
    tw/ig: @SoCalAirPirate

"Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization."
    -Charles Lindbergh

"The skies are lovely, dark, and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to fly before I sleep..."

Quote Originally Posted by Air Pirate View Post
    SO true! Every once in a while someone, usually a former student, will ask me if I can instruct them on maneuvers I haven’t done myself, let alone taught, in years. I thank them but explain why I’m not the right guy for that particular subject matter and how it’s not beneficial to them or a wise use of their resources, but that I’m more than happy to point them towards another instructor who is right for the job. The opposite option of stroking your own ego with bullsh*t usually just makes a mess and stinks so bad that no one wants to be around you again. Not exactly the reputation I’m going for lol.
    Yeah, I quit teaching "negative four G dives" a long time ago...
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...