Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    No interest in going to Mexico unless I am getting paid. For vacation you can keep that entire country.
    Ditto. No interest. I'll take Prague.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Ditto. No interest. I'll take Prague.
    PRAGUE!!!

I love Prague.

There is a little bar...kinda medieval looking about two klicks from the clock...the waitresses...well...never mind...the drinks are top shelf.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Was in Prague in 91.. they still had Korunas as currency. Beautiful, just beautiful.
    In every country where independence has taken the place of liberty, the first desire of a manly heart is to possess a weapon, which at once renders him capable of defence or attack, and, by rendering its owner terrible, often makes him feared- Alexandre Dumas

One day I read Job and a verse jumped out at me, it said that the sons of God were gathered together and the Devil was there among them.

A family gathering, if you will.

So God asks the Devil, what ya been up to? And the Devil says, walking too and fro on the earth, and in it.

I thought, that's me, love to walk and wander. So, anytime I have the stronger currency and another different country is in my backyard, what do you think is going to happen?

I must admit though, that when you've passed your seventh or eighth dead dog, no scraped up off the road yet, it's time to return to first world.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 12-01-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    No interest in going to Mexico unless I am getting paid. For vacation you can keep that entire country, I prefer Maui.
    Your better off, that place is a shithole. There is a reason they all want to move here...

Staropramen and great guns would bring out the praguematist in me. But hey, Mexico has great beers too, and Tequila, and some very sweet people.

Quite a few Americans I've run into have chosen Mexican wives. I'm talking young people and professionals with plenty of money.

Their women make first class wives.

Quote Originally Posted by endsoftheearth View Post
    One day I read Job and a verse jumped out at me, it said that the sons of God were gathered together and the Devil was there among them.

A family gathering, if you will.

So God asks the Devil, what ya been up to? And the Devil says, walking too and fro on the earth, and in it.

I thought, that's me, love to walk and wander. So, anytime I have the stronger currency and another different country is in my backyard, what do you think is going to happen?

I must admit though, that when you've passed your seventh or eighth dead dog, no scraped up off the road yet, it's time to return to first world.
    This made me remember an incident in 1984 while visiting with a gentleman of some importance on the island of Guanaja off the coast of Honduras, when I was assigned to a Joint Task Force mission while in the Army. The gent was advising us to tell the US to invest in the place, build runways, etc.. “how beautiful “. I saw an old man smoking a cigarette about 10 yards from where we were walking. He was less than 5 yards from a rotting dog corpse. I just shook my head. Makes me think now of when Doc Holiday in “Tombstone “ said, “ very cosmopolitan..”
    In every country where independence has taken the place of liberty, the first desire of a manly heart is to possess a weapon, which at once renders him capable of defence or attack, and, by rendering its owner terrible, often makes him feared- Alexandre Dumas

And that shabby look that Mexico has, of unfinished buildings with unplastered block showing and maybe some rebar.

That's because you don't pay property tax on your house until building is complete. So, don't complete it.

Can you imagine getting a break like that in a first world country? That's the beauty of third world countries, they can only charge what the schoolteacher can afford. And, rumor was back then that a Mexican schoolteacher earned $10 a day.

Border towns are crap, so I wouldn't judge all of Mexico by that. I have little doubt that Mexican property will boom in decades to come, if the world carries on a little longer.

Mexicans are up and coming people. Remember what a joke Italy used to be, changes in government all the time, mobsters murdering ministers and judges? No one laughing at Italy, barely a generation (40 years) later.

Mexico is part of North America, and as such, enjoys a different dispensation to Central and South Americas. Just as Italian workers bought back Swiss currency from their migrant labor jobs, so do Mexicans.

Italy had no megacities of 20 million. Just as Italy had free trade with the EU, Mexico has with USA and Canada. It's a foregone conclusion that Mexico will enter the first world.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 12-02-2018 at 01:12 PM.

The educational gift idea that your kids will love:

1C6DE459-D889-45DB-BFE8-CD9B0C06C8E1.jpg