Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yawn.....
    Dog and Pony Show.
    Saw the same thing when the M9 came out. Bring the press, razzle dazzle them with BS. Kind of like listening to a time share presentation.

I was in a war zone for 15 months. This is what pistols filled with FMJ were used for:

Jogging around the town our base was in, while meeting the requirement to be armed. I even ditched it for my FAL in that role when the lion someone kept in their garden started charging the waist high fence.

For shooting next to the ear of someone being interrogated.

Umm, can't think of another use for them in war, and no one wanted one. You will never see Selous Scout, RLI , 32 Battalion pictured carrying a handgun. At least I have not. Now Koevoet officers and NCOs maybe, because of their police culture.

That's why most military don't give a shit about their handgun. South Africa gave them a Star model B. However, the rifle and sub gun were the hardiest and best, Galil and Uzi.

In war, people are talking about leaving the cap on the RPG so it penetrates the wall before it detonates. Using it's timed detonation to airburst in front of incoming Migs. Compensating with the crosswind, that blows it's tail out and points it's powered flight into the crosswind.

That's where people's minds were at, ito weaponry. And, everyone having a mag of tracers ready for the Mig. No one could give a damn about a pistol.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 11-26-2018 at 06:06 AM.

It's like one of those AI bots was force fed 10 years of Combat Handguns then ordered to write an article.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    Yawn.....
    Dog and Pony Show.
    Saw the same thing when the M9 came out. Bring the press, razzle dazzle them with BS. Kind of like listening to a time share presentation.
    It could be argued that the M9 was a huge leap forward in technology from the .38 special revolvers and 1911s of the time. The same can't be said about the M17 over the M9 other than it's polymer.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

And my M9 doesn't go off when you drop it.

Don't ask.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

Someone let the PAO write this without supervision. The M17 is an advance on the M9, but we're not talking a quantum jump here. It's lighter, yes. Easier to switch sights on. I really like what SIG did with the stippling of the grips (polymer-framed guns are usually slick as snot, a bad thing). And (probably most important), you can mount an RDS on the thing...although I'm not confident the Army will get the right RDS or mount it correctly. Mounting to an adapter plate is a second-class solution.

Owning both several Glocks and a P320, my biggest comment is that the triggers on ALL the polymer-framed guns suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    It could be argued that the M9 was a huge leap forward in technology from the .38 special revolvers and 1911s of the time. The same can't be said about the M17 over the M9 other than it's polymer.
    What I'm saying is that if the Army decided to arm the troops with a 2x4 with a rusty nail in it, they'd run the same dog and pony shows to sell it to the troops
    Last edited by Cacti Rat; 11-28-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Pirate View Post
    I hate reading mainstream news articles about anything, let alone firearms (or aviation). Journalistic ignorance of those subjects is rivaled only by that of the English language and grammar.
    See also "Gell-Mann amnesia effect".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gell-Mann_amnesia_effect

Also:
    https://calhounpress.net/blogs/blog/...amnesia-effect