Default NRA Certified Rifle Instructor in/near Lewistown, PA needed

NRA Certified Rifle Instructor in/near Lewistown, PA needed to assist with youth High School air rifle team.

I have a friend who has managed to convince his PA high school to start an Air Rifle team. They've put him in charge of it, even given him a budget for equipment. But he needs an NRA certified rifle instructor. Maybe an RSO too, I don't know yet.

If you can help, or put him in touch with one, respond here or PM me.

Thanks!

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

I suggest contacting the local shooting ranges, local forums, and even ask around the local gunstores.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
    NRA Certified Rifle Instructor in/near Lewistown, PA needed to assist with youth High School air rifle team.

I have a friend who has managed to convince his PA high school to start an Air Rifle team. They've put him in charge of it, even given him a budget for equipment. But he needs an NRA certified rifle instructor. Maybe an RSO too, I don't know yet.

If you can help, or put him in touch with one, respond here or PM me.

Thanks!

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk
    Just contact them: https://www.nrainstructors.org/

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I suggest contacting the local shooting ranges, local forums, and even ask around the local gunstores.
    A user on another forum suggested that he contact the local BSA troops. Most of their Rifle Shooting Merit Badge Counsellors are NRA Certified Rifle Instructors and every troop has one on hand or knows where the nearest one is. And they're used to working with kids. What a great idea. :) As a BSA Rifle Shooting Merit Badge Counsellor myself, I should have thought of it!

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    I'm a certified instructor myself (I just live in OH, not PA). The web site really isn't that helpful. It can track who and where is offering classes, but won't give out contact information for members.

Thanks.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk