Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The SIG P365 has had major problems breaking firing pins due to excessive firing pin drag on the primer.

SIG claims that the broken pins were caused by incorrect carbon content of the MIM part. They are now saying that they have corrected the metallurgy problem and the new MIM firing pins are fine.

However, they still have excessive prime drag by the firing pin and I have not seen any information claiming to have corrected the pin drag problem.

So, in my opinion, by ONLY changing the metallurgy of the MIM firing ping all they have done is "kick the can down the road". Even if they were to change to tool steel, that part is still being subjected to abnormal stresses and will eventually fail. When will it fail is anybody's guess.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

I have about 500 rounds through my stock P365 and it's now my EDC more often than not, slowly replacing my modified G43s. The P365 has been flawless, shoots great, and conceals like a P290RS for me.

I will say also that comparing a 365 to a 19 is as silly as comparing a 365 to an M17. The 365, like the 43, 42, and SW Shield are compromise guns that are carried when discretion is important. They are not first choice combatvweapons.

They are not as easy to shoot well as rhe full size guns. Bring one to class and show me otherwise. Plinking at an indoor range is not the same.

Capacity is reduced...even two rounds less ia significant.

Until we developed the NSA adding an RMR was problematic. It still is on the 42 and may be on a 365.

Carrying for LCD "average guy" problems is not the same as first line carry. First line carry is an RMRd Glock 17,19,34...or 320 or 226.

Sometimes that is not possible and for thise times there are compromise guns like the 365.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I will add that ANY striker fired short trigger pistol like Shield, like 42/43, and like 365 need to be carried in a holster. Carrying in a pocket without a holster is idiocy.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thanks all. I set up a problematic even somewhat absurd comparison and appreciate the opinions.

I think Gabe’s fighting gun, social compromise, and deep concealment framework is very useful.

My assessment is I am negotiating a social compromise environment and am pressing the envelope of
    concealment with a G19. I may try one more holster option and then consider dropping down to a social compromise handgun.

The environment is close quarters enough where printing etc. is an issue and can’t be reasonably mitigated by dressing around the gun.

Most likely/most dangerous threat is an active shooter. A distant second is robbery during the rare times I stop at a store during the commute or having to deal with a lethal criminal threat should I break down during the long rural commute. The active shooter threat seems to strongly indicate a gun with more than 6-8 round capacity.

A couple have commented on the Condition 3 restriction. It the brown lining of a silver cloud. Can now carry in the environment where a couple of years ago it was illegal. The rules/policy, not law, dictate empty chamber. I think it is dumb and call it the terrorist half second head start. That said I’m going to abide by it. Concealed is concealed but Murphy happens and I don’t want to be in violation.

If I go with a social compromise, I’ll just need to be disciplined and go back to the G19 when I’m on my own time and care much less about printing.

I get the feeling that a lot of guys who could and used to carry a fighting gun now carry G43s, Shields and P365s even when they could carry and conceal a fighting gun for the convenience factor.

Quote Originally Posted by cco45acp View Post
    Thanks all. I set up a problematic even somewhat absurd comparison and appreciate the opinions.

I think Gabe’s fighting gun, social compromise, and deep concealment framework is very useful.

My assessment is I am negotiating a social compromise environment and am pressing the envelope of
    concealment with a G19. I may try one more holster option and then consider dropping down to a social compromise handgun.

The environment is close quarters enough where printing etc. is an issue and can’t be reasonably mitigated by dressing around the gun.

Most likely/most dangerous threat is an active shooter. A distant second is robbery during the rare times I stop at a store during the commute or having to deal with a lethal criminal threat should I break down during the long rural commute. The active shooter threat seems to strongly indicate a gun with more than 6-8 round capacity.

A couple have commented on the Condition 3 restriction. It the brown lining of a silver cloud. Can now carry in the environment where a couple of years ago it was illegal. The rules/policy, not law, dictate empty chamber. I think it is dumb and call it the terrorist half second head start. That said I’m going to abide by it. Concealed is concealed but Murphy happens and I don’t want to be in violation.

If I go with a social compromise, I’ll just need to be disciplined and go back to the G19 when I’m on my own time and care much less about printing.

I get the feeling that a lot of guys who could and used to carry a fighting gun now carry G43s, Shields and P365s even when they could carry and conceal a fighting gun for the convenience factor.
    What holster and belt combo? I've had to modify all my holsters except one for optimum concealment.

I've seen some "ranger" types reveal their EDC. I was not impressed. In fact, I was embarrassed.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

After retiring 4.5 years ago, I began to look for the best all-around carry system that I could come up with. I believe in Gabe's concealment framework, and will carry a G19 if I'm going to be carrying a fighting gun. I carried G19s and G17s while working, and often the G19 or G26 off-duty. With retirement has come more experimentation to determine what my daily carry needs are. If going to a NPE, I have carried a 9mm Shield, then a G43, and now a Sig P365 (DOM in June, '18). While I really like the capacity for a pistol that small, I have to say I miss my G43, and will probably get another when I get moved to Arizona early next year. I've had no problems with the P365, but only have about 1000 rounds through it, and I'm still monitoring it closely. I find I have far fewer concerns when carrying a j-frame, even with the limited capacity, although I always carry two speed strips or speed loaders. So basically, I find the same rules still apply; only the need for a fighting gun has been reduced by activity and location.

In the "socially NPE" I use a Desantis Belly Band combo'ed with a Fricke Zacheus trigger guard holster. In "normal CCW" I use a Kramer IWB holster on a 1.5" Simply Rugged belt. In each set-up I carry a spare mag.

My Glock 26, IMO, covers all issues with carry problems. Great gun that I will never let go. I also love my G 43!

TAKE MY GUNS, NEVER...TAKE MY FREEDOM, NEVER...TAKE MY LIFE, MAYBE, BUT EVEN IN DEATH, I WILL BE VICTORIOUS FOR I AM A TRUE WARRIOR!