Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default INTERESTING WEAPON FROM ANGSTADT

Angstadt Arms is proud to introduce the SCW-9 Sub Compact Weapon. The SCW-9 was designed to meet the strict requirements of the U.S. Army Sub Compact Weapon program. At just 14.7” long and 4 lbs., the SCW- 9 provides greater lethality than pistols and much greater concealability over standard rifles. With a rate of fire of 1,110 rounds per minute, the SCW-9 is capable of accurately engaging threats with a high volume of lethal force.

SCW-9 Key Design Elements

• Fully ambidextrous controls, including magazine release, safety selector, charging handle and bolt catch and release
    • Accepts GLOCK® 9mm magazines (Given the orgasmic reaction to the M17/SIG 320, why Glock?)
    • 4” barrel with 3-lug adapter for sound suppression
    • Ability to fire UTM marking and training rounds
    • Overall length collapsed: 14.7”
    • Collapsed stock length: 2.5”
    • Weight: 4 lbs
    • Rate of Fire (approximate): 1,100 rounds per minute

The Shortest Sub Compact Stock System

In addition to 9mm, the shortened stock system developed for the SCW-9 has been tested in both 5.56 NATO and .300 AAC Blackout calibers. This allows any M4 style rifle to reduce its overall collapsed stock length from 7” to just 2.5”. Making it the shortest telescoping AR-15 stock system available.

Angstadt Arms has plans to offer the shortened stock system to other manufacturers who wish to incorporate it into their firearms. A pistol brace version of the shortened stock system is currently in development for the U.S. commercial market.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Fully ambidextrous controls, including magazine release, safety selector, charging handle and bolt catch and release
    • Accepts GLOCK® 9mm magazines (Given the orgasmic reaction to the M17/SIG 320, why Glock?)
    • 4” barrel with 3-lug adapter for sound suppression
    • Ability to fire UTM marking and training rounds
    • Overall length collapsed: 14.7”
    • Collapsed stock length: 2.5”
    • Weight: 4 lbs
    • Rate of Fire (approximate): 1,100 rounds per minute

[/BOLD]
    I would guess that for those that would use this system Glock is the sidearm of choice. The M17 was only orgasmic to the paper pushers would also be my guess.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Looks like something Jack Kirby drew in the 60s.

hydraguns1.jpg

The stock/brace is what's important here: and I hope it's strong, user-friendly, and reasonably priced.
    Last edited by Papa; 11-16-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 12. And a wakeup.

Any intel on MSRP?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

That IS interesting...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Greater lethality than pistols? 9mm is 9mm unless they mean you can hit them more times/faster on full auto.

It's an AR15 take off but I wonder how many AR15 parts can be used, or how hard it is to buy spares for the ones that are not AR15 parts.

Sold. I just need one with a brace rather than a stock. I've been looking at the Scorpion with a very critical eye, trying to pick it apart and devise my perfect PDW. I like many things about the Vector, but dislike many other things. My primary gripe about the AR is the need for a folder to get it down to an efficient packable length--but you can't fire it (more than once) with the stock folded. This solves that problem. I'll probably want a couple more inches of handguard, for both grip and a light, but that shouldn't be a difficult modification.

I hope they go with a Tailhook for the brace, but I can live with SB. I don't want an SBR, though, because this would be a traveling companion.
    Virtute et Armis

It looks REALLY interesting... if you subscribe to the common belief that Uncle Sam buys nothing but the best of top of the line MILSPEC stuff. Yes, Angstadt makes quality. It appears to be an AR chambered in 9mm cartridges that feeds from Glock magazines. I've been meaning to build one with a folding brace (Law Tactical). My guess is the Internet Operators will embrace this PCC AR like a fresh cup of Pumpkin Spice whatever.
    Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes...

Quote Originally Posted by JDoza View Post
    if you subscribe to the common belief that Uncle Sam buys nothing but the best of top of the line MILSPEC stuff.
    Hopefully we have educated the tribe here well enough to know that 'Mil-Spec' does not equate to 'superior,' or to believe that the government only buys the best.
    Virtute et Armis

For us non-full auto civilians, why is the Angstadt Arms SCW-9 more interesting than their UDP-9?
    And there's also their UDP-9iP integrally suppressed pistol that's quite interesting too.