Default Holster Q: Why no zach type for metal framed pistols

Running a P229 for the last 4-6 months and noticed that there are no Zach type holsters out there for ANY metal framed handguns. 90% of the time I'm fine with the longer Anyone know who makes something like this, or why they're not common for metal framed guns?

AL
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

With A TDA like the SIG or 92 series the assumption is that the trigger in DA, combined with the ability to observe and feel the hammer, does not require protection as does that of a striker-fired design.

It has less to do with frame material than design.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Running a P229 for the last 4-6 months and noticed that there are no Zach type holsters out there for ANY metal framed handguns. 90% of the time I'm fine with the longer Anyone know who makes something like this, or why they're not common for metal framed guns?

AL
    The steel rips apart the kydex pretty quick since it needs to clamp on so tight. I had a Raven model for a J Frame that showed wear very rapidly.

1). DA does not require a covered trigger, you can carry holsterless very easily
    2). If I committed to make a run of 100 I would sell one...to you, and then blow the rest out at cost.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    The steel rips apart the kydex pretty quick since it needs to clamp on so tight. I had a Raven model for a J Frame that showed wear very rapidly.
    Experienced the same. I had a couple made for S&W 3953s and they both cracked pretty quickly. I've only had one wear out on a Glock and it lasted several years despite being poorly made with poor material.

Thanks for responding everyone!

AL
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI