Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    What think you all of this lady LEO.
    This LEO had a gun, but was saved by another LEO with a gun. Suspect was a murderer of an 88 yr old man in Pennsylvannia and suspect was sleeping in a car and went for a gun that apparently he was not able to fire for some reason and he started to struggle with LEO over the gun.

Iíd say it looks like a fatal shot to the nasal cavity by a service weapon. Funny how he ďmeltsĒ into the seat fading away. That bad boy was streaming out of his face. Bet the blood pressure dropped quick with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet people still will argue with me over the efficiency of shooting people in the eye or the beak......
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    What think you all of this lady LEO.
    1. She could benefit with more time in a gym (so could I).

2. She has her high pitched ďdonít shoot meĒ scream down pat. (I donít scream, but I have been known to yell various things)

3. It doesnít appear that she had her firearm in her hand until the bad guy was fairly well depressurized. (I donít know if she had her pistol unsnapped and ready to draw like Iíve seen numerous officers do in preparation to drawing should the requirement arrise)

4. I wonder what she has changed or began to change in her professional life since this incident. (Live and learn as long as you survive an encounter)

5. She got damn lucky this time. (I try not to rely upon luck)

Question: would it have been better if the second officer had shot the bad guy through the windshield instead of walking to the open window of the vehicle? (Iím trying not to armchair quarterback here)

I think shooting through the windshield would have been a good move.

But the backup officer didn't have much to tell him what was going on because the female cop was wailing incoherently.

I don't know if it's appropriate for me to comment on her behavior / handling of the situation - I'm not in that profession - but sure doesn't look like a warrior to me.

I want cops with the attitude this guy has, not hers:

flLq6ZU.jpg

It bothers me to see a fellow LEO get into such a situation. She was complacent and did not adhere to some basic officer safety rules;
    *Never let a suspect get in a better position than you- while the bad guy may not of had a "better" position, she offered herself up by standing right in front of the drivers side window, allowing herself to be an easy target for a right handed gunman.
    * Failure to watch the hands- didn't see the threat coming until it was way too late, appeared more concerned with the paperwork and using the radio.
    * Failure to keep the gun hand free- juggling the documents with both hands.
    I'd like to think that it was verbal judo skills she was using when screaming "No", "I'll leave" and "don't shoot me" to diffuse the situation or, interrupt the suspects OODA loop and not resigning herself to defeat, but I am not too sure about that one.
    It was the hand of god and good shot placement by the back up officer that saved her. Just wondering why only 1 shot though as 2 is better than 1, 3 is better than 2........
    Complacency kills. It's easy to become complacent in small town/rural area policing where nothing ever "happens". Learn from the mistakes of others.
    Last edited by Michael L; 01-12-2019 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael L View Post
    It bothers me to see a fellow LEO get into such a situation. She was complacent and did not adhere to some basic officer safety rules;
    *Never let a suspect get in a better position than you- while the bad guy may not of had a "better" position, she offered herself up by standing right in front of the drivers side window, allowing herself to be an easy target for a right handed gunman.
    * Failure to watch the hands- didn't see the threat coming until it was way too late, appeared more concerned with the paperwork and using the radio.
    * Failure to keep the gun hand free- juggling the documents with both hands.
    I'd like to think that it was verbal judo skills she was using when screaming "No", "I'll leave" and "don't shoot me" to diffuse the situation or, interrupt the suspects OODA loop and not resigning herself to defeat, but I am not too sure about that one.
    It was the hand of god and good shot placement by the back up officer that saved her. Just wondering why only 1 shot though as 2 is better than 1, 3 is better than 2........
    Complacency kills. It's easy to become complacent in small town/rural area policing where nothing ever "happens". Learn from the mistakes of others.
    Not sure why he didnít at lease shoot 2-3 more times but that one definitely found itís mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk