Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do you have a source for him using 10 round magazines? All the news sources I can find say it was an "extended magazine" but that the actual capacity is "unknown".

"Night vision devices let you own the night. Flashlights just let you borrow some of it for a little while." -- Chris Upchurch

"A Glock will make someone just as dead as a 1911 but the 1911 will do it with style." -- Yooper75
    "Night vision devices let you own the night. Flashlights just let you borrow some of it for a little while." -- Chris Upchurch

"A Glock will make someone just as dead as a 1911 but the 1911 will do it with style." -- Yooper75

In Ventura county, after the original Peruta ruling came down, sheriff Dean started issuing CCW permits to just about anyone who could pass a basic background check, and go through the California mandated training process. In the last few years, he has approved several thousand. It wasn't always that way, but California now has a reported 100K valid issued CCW permits throughout the state's fifty-eight counties. Kern, Orange, Riverside, and several other counties that surround Los Angeles have followed suit, but of course not Los Angeles county, and most of the independent cities within. BTW, a valid CCW permit issues by ANY California county is valid statewide.
    As for the situation of being unarmed in the establishment involved, that may be a result of legal policy imposed by a given issuing agency, the establishment rules, or a combination of both. Being that the population of Ventura county that is armed at any given time is very small in relation to the whole, it surprises me not that very few in the establishment may have been armed at all.
    I don't know what the exact policy set by VCSD is regarding off-duty carry in alcohol serving venues is, but I do know that my friend Ron Helus NEVER went ANYWHERE unarmed. I believe he was on duty as a first responder at the time of the incident.
    It is a sad state of affairs in which this incident happened, but Hell if I'm going down for lack of equipment. Like some have said, carry discreetly, and live another another day because.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPhoenix View Post
    Do you have a source for him using 10 round magazines? All the news sources I can find say it was an "extended magazine" but that the actual capacity is "unknown".

Im pretty sure I heard on one of the news conferences it was a mag altered to hold more then 10. I think it was the sheriff talking or another LEO. Im guessing not a happy stick or they would have been all over that in the news.

As far as the being unarmed maybe it was policy when moonlighting. Still, in todays world....?

7M3