Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    #2 son with his first set of Gold Stars ( earned for achieving 3.82 GPA Chemistry / Honors College at Citadel )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by reforger2002; 02-03-2019 at 05:02 AM.

One of my docs / clients returned from SC with a bottle if most excellent rum as a reward for hard work keeping her research data squared away

Gunpowder Proof Rum - 108 proof and smooth

I might try to recreate the test of lighting some gun powder doused in a SMALL sample of the rum, what could go wrong
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    Attachment 57324

I'm rebuilding my old FJ40 Land Cruiser. Classic cars are just a hobby at the moment, but I will have my own garage/restoration business in a few years.
    Man I love this......I want one but always seem to find rust buckets.......that are still $15,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by reforger2002 View Post
    #2 son going to a good college on a combination of USN Scholarship and separate honors scholarship
    Gen Zinni??
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    Man I love this......I want one but always seem to find rust buckets.......that are still $15,000.

There are still lots of good examples out there. I paid 8k for this one a while back, and it was barely running. I got it running and drove it around for a few years, but I've decided to finally rebuild the transmission and do a motor swap. If you're spending 15k, and can't immediately register and drive it, you're probably paying too much.

PM me if you want. I maybe can help put you onto one.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    There are still lots of good examples out there. I paid 8k for this one a while back, and it was barely running. I got it running and drove it around for a few years, but I've decided to finally rebuild the transmission and do a motor swap. If you're spending 15k, and can't immediately register and drive it, you're probably paying too much.

PM me if you want. I maybe can help put you onto one.
    Will do. Working on short term goals at the moment but should be squared away in a few months. Iíd love to have one to play around town and take my oldest to his ball games in. Deer camp (3 hours) May be too long of a push.

Rolling east on 2 after southbound I-5 from Silvana, bright sun boiling the haze up out of a snow-covered landscape. I look up and see, on a parallel track heading west, a big raptor with a distinctive wingbeat, and I pick up the bird in the sunroof as we pass. Bald eagle.

Alone, taking my time in the XO's little rig, my errand run, no place to go but home. Armed, caffeinated, and hungry. No promises to keep. No pain for now. The only radio in this little car is tuned to King FM, Copeland's "Appalachian Spring," and that makes me think of the Northeast where I grew up and

where winter looks like this.

The thought comes: right this minute, I can handle any emergency, any threat that comes my way. Liberating. Like being "orphaned" at age 64.

I'm not free, nor do I choose to be. But I am---content.

Is this what retirement will be like? Find out in a couple of years. My set begins tomorrow.

But for now, contentment.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 8, 13. And a wakeup.

Founded in 1780, the company is on its 10th generation of family ownership. The founder actually had George Washington over for dinner pre revolutionary war (itís delicious to the next level, and Iím pretty sure I bought all of it in Phoenix)

Married to a beautiful woman who has put up with my sorry, ragged, sailor butt for 19 years and who somehow still loves me. 3 amazing kids that think Dad's an OK guy... Can see Denali most days just by looking out a window... Got the job of my dreams and started a doctorate January 14 that will add additional wind to these pirate sails.

I am blessed.

My Suarez experiences and exposures here on WT have finally led me to serious progress in fitness. Age 62, five fake joints, eight orthopedic surgeries, work too much. But the last Force on Force class brought things into focus. I needed to move better to be vital and safe. After many diets, I found I thrive on Paleo. Lost fifteen pounds. Four cervical spinal cord injuries restrict how I lift, but I adapt. A free form movement program online was well worth the $70. I highly recommend it or something like it. https://gmb.io

If you are not content with the shape you're in you CAN make a change.