Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post
    To continue with my earlier post, I took the misses & junior
    to a Brazilian Steak House for her 50th Saturday night, and
    then on to the Biltmore House to help get the Christmas
    spirit started. We had to park next to a bunch of junk cars.

And I took her flying Monday.

Life is good. Much better than I deserve.

On a sad note, one of my cousin's husbands died in a freak
    accident Monday afternoon. He was a great guy & will be
    deeply missed by many. Another example of why I often say
    to cherish your families.

God Speed & Fair Winds.

Attachment 56792
    Attachment 56793
    Attachment 56794
    Attachment 56795
    Which Experimental?? Looks well-crafted!!
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Just Aircraft Highlander.

80 HP Rotax. I can cruise around
    100 mph at 4 gph of mogas.

Empty is 700 pounds, with a 1320 gross.

It's an economical cruiser.

Too much fun!

5kj7dd.jpg
    Last edited by Johnny C!; 11-21-2018 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added photo from first test flight.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Default Letís talk about good shit

Just Aircraft Highlander.

80 HP Rotax. I can cruise around
    100 mph at 4 gph of mogas.

Empty is 700 pounds, with a 1320 gross.

It's an economical cruiser.

Too much fun!

5kj7dd.jpg
    Very nice, and flaps to boot! My kinda fun!!
    Last edited by Ted Demosthenes; 11-21-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Lots of good things happening in my life here. I decided I wanted to get back into performing music, so I have been getting set up for doing solo acoustic gigs. Have about 45 songs worked up and ready to go. Everything from Coldplay to Zak Brown, Aerosmith to Seal and David Grey. Did a preliminary gig about a month ago that went very well. Actually have a small one tomorrow afternoon. Been guitar hunting and found some very good instruments. Found an excellent 1981 Alvarez 5059 that is the hands down best acoustic guitar I have ever played, and that includes some very high end Martins, Gibsons and Taylors. Also picked up a Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet Bigsby with single coil Rickenbacker pickups that is absolutely a pleasure to play. To cover the Tele sound I found a Samick Formula. After I set it up it sounds and plays very well. Has two lipstick pickups and a Seymour Duncan humbucker and the single coils are absolutely quiet, none of the usual hum. It even has Grover tuners on it. Also picked up a B-52 Matrix 1000 PA system with the 15" sub and two 10's, speaker stands, cords, a Peavy PV8 mini mixer, and two mics and stands. The mics sound as good as my 57's,58's and Sennheisers, so I very well may find a use for them. Best of all I bought the entire lot, guitars and PA, for less than a grand. I can throw in my powered Mackie speakers and really cover the sound part. Had another good thing happen. Two guitars were given to me. They came from the estate of a good family friend. The old 1951 Gibson LG-3 was the one I first learned to play on back when I was around 12 years old. She was in pretty rough shape. Had to do some serious cranking on the truss rod to get the neck straight. Someone had pretty much destroyed the nut, so I had to make a new one, as well as putting in some new mother of pearl inlays over the screws in the bridge. Turned out much better than expected. The other guitar I was given was the one my friend actually played, an early 60's Harmony Sovereign. Bridge was broken on that one. Neck was bowed pretty bad and when I tugged on the truss rod it snapped. Fortunately I only lost about 1/4" of it and was able to repair it. The bridge repair was easy and you have to look very closely to even see it. The old guitars, even with the repairs, are worth over $3000. I wouldn't sell them anyway, as they really mean a lot to me. Another good thing is I bought the missus and I kayaks, and we've really enjoyed using them. Well, just shared some good things. Wish you all a good Thanksgiving. All of us have much to be thankful for.
    Last edited by ronlassit; 11-21-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Also,
    Uno. Those are phenominal photo's! F8 & be there!

Dave. Great inspiration. I live in a beautiful part
    of the country as well, and too often take it for
    granted. You have spurred me on to get out and
    go see a lot more of it.

Thanks guys!
    Johnny...That is about 35 miles from my house. Congaree National Park. That cypress is 26 feet around and near 2000 years old. This park is the largest area of never logged bottomland forest left in the country. Looks like it did before the colonials settled in America. Still a wilderness, too.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Got a wife who loves me more than she should, enough salary that she doesn't have to work, no debt, a well stocked gun room, and a decent bourbon selection. Occasional powder smoke and woods smoke in the air. All is good.

#2 son going to a good college on a combination of USN Scholarship and separate honors scholarship
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spending all of January in the Southern Hemisphere with family.

Handsome devils, no, make that handsome pirates!

Quote Originally Posted by reforger2002 View Post
    #2 son going to a good college on a combination of USN Scholarship and separate honors scholarship
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Forgotten Weapons reaches one Million on its subscriptions. Below is a blurb about it and about the French 75 both gun and cocktail. I erased the links for the stuff Ian was selling.

Forgotten Weapons

Published on Dec 9, 2018

Holy cow, a million subscribers! When I started Forgotten Weapons, I never for a moment suspected it would end up this popular. Thank you to everyone who has subscribed! I think this required a celebratory cocktail...specifically, a French 75. So let's talk about the French 75 the gun - the Canon de 75 modŤle 1897 - as well as the cocktail named after it. .................
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez