Default Winchester SXP Defender

Could not find any posts on this specific model here. Got the 18 inch 3" chamber model for a good price a few months back. My first pump action shotgun. Really like it so far, but aftermarket parts and upgrades is hard to find. So far all have done is put a 5 round shell carrier on the buttstock. I found I can fit 5 shells in the tube, it will load 3 3" shells and 2 2 3/4" shells, but they must be loaded in a specific order or the last shell sticks out too far and will cause a double feed. Has anyone found any good shell extensions for this model? Any other good aftermarket upgrades recommendations would be appreciated as well. Thanks everyone!

I have the same thing and really like it. So I started looking around and the only parts I could find are some longer hunting barrels.
    I say that Congress is too damn representative, its just as stupid as the people are; just as uneducated, just as dumb, just as selfish.
    Dean Acheson
    United States Secretary of State
    1949 to 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bond View Post
    I have the same thing and really like it. So I started looking around and the only parts I could find are some longer hunting barrels.
    Yeah Iv seen those on the Winchester site too. Gotta be careful with those extra barrels, the chambers are not interchangeable, they need to match the original barrel & receiver listed chamber length. Also if you bought one of the 3 1/2" chamber ones, make sure you read the recall notice, those models were found to fire when the bolt closes. Be especially wary if you bought one second hand!
    I really like mine too, it really is fast on the pump, alot smoother than some of the other pump guns iv handled before.
    http://www.winchesterguns.com/suppor...n----2015.html
    Recalled Models
    " Listed by CHAMBER -- GAUGE -- BARREL LENGTH
    SXP WATERFOWL HUNTER -- 3 1/2" chamber -- 12 gauge -- 26" or 28" barrel
    SXP BLACK SHADOW -- 3 1/2" chamber -- 12 gauge -- 26" or 28" barrel
    SXP TURKEY HUNTER -- 3 1/2" chamber -- 12 gauge -- 24" barrel
    SXP LONG BEARD -- 3 1/2" chamber -- 12 gauge -- 24" barrel