Default A Time Of War: Refugee Thought He Was Teaching Terrorists

Sometimes when I am teaching our segment on Aggressive-Proactive Gunfighting, I have one or two in class whom I know disagree. They don't believe me when I tell them we have a little bit of insider infor and that the bad guys are out there planning to kill them and their families. That LE CT units often infiltrate and interdict them, but that once in a while, the bad guys are successful...and when that happens, it is up to them to kill the terrorist. So indoctrinated in the Fear Biter School Of Tactics, that they cannot grasp the reality of our times. Here is one that came across my screen today.

tucson-tango.jpg
    Refugee Thought He Was Teaching Terrorists To Build Bombs, But They Were FBI

Tucson, AZ – An Iraqi refugee who traveled from Arizona to Las Vegas to teach undercover federal agents how to make bombs was arrested on Monday.Court documents just unsealed explained the elaborate ruse used to set up the sting operation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), . Ahmad Suhad Ahmad, who was born in 1988, had been living as a refugee in the United States for the past 10 years. He was running a mechanic shop in Tucson when the investigation began.

Link
    Link
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

My take is that the arrested person is a mercenary that will work for anyone if the money is right.
    Prosecutors say Ahmad was asked by the informant "how to make a car bomb for a target in Mexico." Ahmad agreed and provided images of "explosive materials and instructions on his cell phone," later sending a text message "with a bomb recipe written in Arabic."
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    My take is that the arrested person is a mercenary that will work for anyone if the money is right.
    If he was a former French Legionaire working in Pittsburg, I would buy that

Iraqi
    In Tucson near the biggest Mosque in the Southwest
    Making a bomb for guys that likely portrayed themselves as jihadists
    Instructions in Arabic

Nah...a Jihadist...not a mercenary.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I tend to believe he was a jihadist rather than a mercenary. Regardless, the response is the same. You say tomato, I say shoot him in the face.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    You say tomato, I say shoot him in the face.
    Sig line worthy...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

It's a shame they took him in.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

IDPS, DOK, TMCO, FVGF, CPM, CRM, SCPIS, TASI

TWOTU Since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mervo View Post
    It's a shame they took him in.
    Follow the money. Doubt he was funding all of this on his own and/or wasn’t part of a larger network.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacked out View Post
    Follow the money. Doubt he was funding all of this on his own and/or wasn’t part of a larger network.
    Does not seem that ahmad needed or expended a lot of money.
    Prosecutors say Ahmad was asked by the informant "how to make a car bomb for a target in Mexico." Ahmad agreed and provided images of "explosive materials and instructions on his cell phone," later sending a text message "with a bomb recipe written in Arabic."
    Undercover FBI agents say Ahmad later traveled with them to a condo in Las Vegas to build the device. He allegedly gave agents a list of bomb-making materials, which they supplied, though Ahmad also brought some of his own tools.
    Over the next several hours, undercover agents say Ahmad built the bomb while explaining how to do it, even showing "how to connect the blasting caps and where to place the C-4."
    Not clear if there was C4 or blasting caps actually present. Those would seem to be the only contraband items that would be expensive. The agents were said to have supplied the bomb making materials and Ahmad used and supplied some his tools.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez