Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    What's the thought on a side-saddle shell carrier for a car gun? I've got a Mossberg 590, full-stocked 18.5" barrel, that I keep in the backseat, with a six-shell carrier mounted. (Yeah, I know it's not the fastest, most maneuverable thing for the vehicle, but it's what I can afford, esp since I got it on a trade for an ATI Titan 1911--while it was actually a halfway decent, surprisingly accurate pistol for what it is, I definitely got the better end of that deal.) I'd love a Stakeout but am making hay with what I've got while putting myself in position to make a bit more money.
    For that purpose I like it. It does reduce the slick maneuverability a bit but the ability to grab and go with minimal effort I think has merit.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    For that purpose I like it. It does reduce the slick maneuverability a bit but the ability to grab and go with minimal effort I think has merit.
    This. An engagement will likely not use up what's in the gun. This is for when it does.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 4, 14 And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    I just looked that up - very nice bag. That's the first commercially produced shotgun rig I've liked and I've looked around quite a bit.

I see an upgrade for me in the immediate future. Thanks for the heads-up.
    You bet brother...

Old fannypacks make convenient carriers for shot shells.

--ML

Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    Old fannypacks make convenient carriers for shot shells.

--ML
    I have an old Bianchi fannypack -- bright blue and black, go figure -- that rips open to access a bigass handgun like a 1911 or Mk23. Bought it in the early 1990s, hardly ever used it for a gun, but it makes a great shotshell carrier. I put 00 buck in the easy to access section and slugs in the zippered portion. Went through a couple of classes with it; worked pretty good, even if I did get laughed at by the camouflaged "SPECOPS" crowd. I keep it hung on the barrel of my Benelli, just slip it over my shoulder if I need to drag along an extra 20 rounds of 12 gauge love.

I am gonna put a buttcuff on my double barrel coach gun, though. It is hidden in plain sight in my den, easy to access should we get an intrusion downstairs.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."