Default Where is the disconnect?

I like to think a lot about things our society does and why. Not to dwell on it but, to see if I can gain any lesson that may help me improve my personal thought process. One thing I canít figure out with any explanation except for ďthatís how it is,Ē os how my generation bore kids that are growing up entitled brats with no mettle or gumption of any kind. Iím only 36 years old so the age range may be a tad off but, everybody I grew up with were hardworking, no nonsense people and thatís how I was raised. I donít make excuses for failure, I make improvements and move on. Am I perfect? Heck no.

So my question is...what happened? Where did the trend stop and can we point to a definitive ďwhy?Ē I know itís certainly not a quick fix but wow. Iím just at a loss. I though this would maybe be fading away right now but it seems to be getting worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

O tempora o mores was said by cicero during roman times about the decline of morals in the society of his time. People today feel the same and likely with justification and in particular about the young. These words were spoken about the first century BC. The Roman republic did eventually fall, but the empire grew and prospered for centuries afterward until it finally fell due to them getting weak and invading migrants coming in and taking over everything.
    The best answer is GFT and worry about you own affairs.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

We kinda had this discussion didnt we?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Society is what it is. It's a lot easier to insulate yourself from it if you are a person of means.
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    We kinda had this discussion didnt we?
    I thought we did but I couldnít find it when I searched.

We can discontinue the discussion in an effort to avoid beating a dead horse.

Chris

Thank you...I have read so much bemoaning, comiseratingvand complaining lately that I was wondering if I had made a wrong turn.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

My fault completely. Hastily complaining and didnít thoroughly search.

Chris

Only 32 here, but one thing seems to be a consistent trait all people have. I've dealt with multimillionaires, and bums, children and adults, geniuses and invalids, and one trend stands out: People want to feel good. They don't want to do anything, so much as they want to feel good. Feeling good may mean different things to different people, but once you discover someone's definition of it, they are utterly predictable, when you take their position on the gameboard of life into account.