Default Tac-14/Stakeout barrel length...

Morning. I decided to splurge on a Tac-14, with a goal of getting one and upgrading it to a Stakeout when funds allow. However, I just learned that RI considers any shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches to be in violation (http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/S...47/11-47-2.HTM).

so the question is, is there a way to swap to a 18 barrel, or to weld a muzzle brake onto one of these? Im planning on a 20 ga to take a bit of the recoil down for the missus and kids.

Thanks in advance

IrishHunter
    Last edited by irishhunter; 10-30-2018 at 10:33 AM.

We can certainly add a suitably long barrel for you in exchange for the stock barrel if you buy a Stakeout package.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Ohio is the same way, unfortunately. They do not seem to use the BATF definitions when the ORC lacks a descriptive definition. I would be very interested in one that is Ohio Legal as well!

Quote Originally Posted by irishhunter View Post
    Morning. I decided to splurge on a Tac-14, with a goal of getting one and upgrading it to a Stakeout when funds allow. However, I just learned that RI considers any shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches to be in violation (http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/S...47/11-47-2.HTM).

so the question is, is there a way to swap to a 18” barrel, or to weld a muzzle brake onto one of these? I’m planning on a 20 ga to take a bit of the recoil down for the missus and kids.

Thanks in advance

IrishHunter
    What is the legal definition of "Shotgun" in RI? That is the defining issue.

Mario