Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSA Pre-Check

I use Clear, so you get the discount secret agent man treatment (eye scan and fingerprint biometrics). Really cuts down on the time through security when not flying on official business as i am no longer an operational part of a fed taskforce . On business its always fun to see TSA perk up when I start approaching the exit point of the secured section (where we are required to go as LEO on business at the two airports I fly out of).

Come to think of it, I usually get through quicker with Clear than with LEO credentials, and I dont have to get flight deck approval ;)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Last time I flew I was shunted towards the smaller groups screeners and security was less. It was something that was printed on my Southwest Air boarding pass that shunted me in that direction. I do not fly very much these days.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter Ready View Post
    If you ever travel abroad, consider Global Entry, which includes TSA Precheck. It's well worth the money. I like to leave my dual use items embedded and force the TSA screeners to find them among the many metal items in my bags.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry

Some frequent flyer programs like United allow use of miles for the TSA precheck fee.

https://securityfees.mileageplus.com/

LD, that shirt is funny, but would attract the wrong crowd in these parts.

You aren't anyone if you haven't been fingerprinted multiple times.
    Global Entry is money. Check where you're flying, often some of the offices do drop in appointments, but only take a small number each day. I hit a positive ROI on the time waiting & in their office about three months after as I was flying 2-3x/mo at that point. Nothing quite like curbside>security>bar>gate in 40ish minutes. Customs will still be salty at the smaller checkpoints, but you sail through at the larger ones when their busy. When you're traveling with friends/family have them pay you or transfer points and book everyones tickets - your pre check will transfer to them, does not work if they book for you w/o KTN however.

Al
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI- July '13