Default Sig P210 -American ....thoughts

Gents ...any thoughts on the P210-American ? I understand that less expensive, more modern, more "game" tuned guns exist ...
    I am thinking of it for plates, pins and field use.

Quote Originally Posted by joe6pack View Post
    Gents ...any thoughts on the P210-American ? I understand that less expensive, more modern, more "game" tuned guns exist ...
    I am thinking of it for plates, pins and field use.
    I have handled one. The Swiss P210's are true works of art in craftsmanship and accuracy. The American models are in the same league as a CZ 75 (accurate and well built, but nothing spectacular out of the box).

I owned one of the Legends (1911 mag release, beavertail, but safety in the original position). Nicely made, accurate, easy to shoot, as it should be for its weight and caliber. Just didn't see any use for it, when compared to (fill in the blank) - my BHPs, Glocks, Sig 226; heck, even my P7.

It had its time; but other than as symbol of history, its in the same class combat weapons as the 1911.

I'd like to have one. An original, just because it's kind of the Rolex of service pistols. But for actual carry, other than as a barbecue gun, no. That niche has already been filled by a G19.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

I had a chance to shoot one at a Sig demo day at the local gun store.

Really liked it, smooth, comfortable, low recoil and the trigger was excellent. Might not be the latest in defensive hardware but not every gun needs to be.

I will own one, just because I can.

Jim

Never handled one myself but I really want to. Doesn't seem to be worth getting one to keep unless you're a collector though so I'm in a pickle.