Thread: THE JAWBONE 19

Default THE JAWBONE 19

FULLY CONCEALED YET FULLY READY...ALWAYS

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Handling that little minx in the shop has really given me a case of the wants.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Brent, anything Gabe puts out gives me the wants. Iíve been jonesing for a 17 NP3 slide for what seems like a millennia. And a choir boy. And a threaded barrel. And a stakeout. And a...well, you get the point. Heh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

So, is this the Guttersnipe grip modification with a 19-26 cut?

Is that mag well for sale on the website?

-found em...

looks great as always
    Last edited by m48shooter; 10-19-2018 at 08:57 AM.

I recently chopped a 19 frame to 26 length. It's a much more difficult conversion that 17-to-19. Going from large to medium is basically just a straight slice across the bottom, perhaps angling up a bit on he backstrap. But the 19-to-26 cut requires making decisions about how much overhang to retain on both the front and rear. I initially butchered the back, cutting it far too short, and had to go back and build it up with JB Weld. Time will tell if I can remedy that hack job and rehabilitate the frame. I like doing a lot of gunsmithing myself, but I would forewarn people that this particular conversion is definitely an advanced skill. If I hadn't already jumped into this, I would just buy one from OST.
    Virtute et Armis

Default THE JAWBONE 19

LawDog, Iím with you on DIY gun stuff. I stipple all my own grips, have removed finger grooves and beveled the inside of my magwells. Well when Gabe unveiled the guttersnipe 17 with the magwell attached, I figured I could do it myself and BOOM...I couldnít make it work. The angle in which the crew at SI cut the grip has to be very specific, as does the hole beveling and cutting on the back strap. So what did I do? I also went with JB Weld with some metal flakes/shavings in where I thinned out the grip too far on the back strap and went about my day. Donít really mind it, itís just ugly as sin now. A Magpul mag sticks out a bit further and looks wise, an OEM mag looks better but eh...donít really care.

My hand fits on it just fine though and I can easily get a full grip on the weapon. Next time, Iíll either just send it in or go old school and cut it and bevel the inside and leave it.

Chris

Dudes...send us your "not-so-cool" DIY projects and Shop Monkey with the able help of Red Bear, Swamp Thing and The Inquisitor will return a 'too cool for school" frame you will be proud of.
    Gabriel Suarez

Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Dudes...send us your "not-so-cool" DIY projects and Shop Monkey with the able help of Red Bear, Swamp Thing and The Inquisitor will return a 'too cool for school" frame you will be proud of.
    Definitely should have done that from the start if I wanted a magwell.

Chris