Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When I'm riding my ATV or hiking up in the mountains, I open carry. Typically a 6 inch 44 mag, bears are my main issue.... When I worked as a LEO in CA we had a group of open carry folks meet at a Starbucks once a month. At first it was a pain in the ass, tons of sheep calling 911 "oh my theres people with guns here". Even hit the local news. After so many months, one of them was walking across the parking lot to his car, and was attacked by a parolee from behind. He was knocked out and his gun stolen. He was caught later and admitted he saw the news story , figured that was the easiest way to get a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    After so many months, one of them was walking across the parking lot to his car, and was attacked by a parolee from behind. He was knocked out and his gun stolen. He was caught later and admitted he saw the news story , figured that was the easiest way to get a gun.
    He wasn't wrong.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    When I'm riding my ATV or hiking up in the mountains, I open carry. Typically a 6 inch 44 mag, bears are my main issue.... When I worked as a LEO in CA we had a group of open carry folks meet at a Starbucks once a month. At first it was a pain in the ass, tons of sheep calling 911 "oh my theres people with guns here". Even hit the local news. After so many months, one of them was walking across the parking lot to his car, and was attacked by a parolee from behind. He was knocked out and his gun stolen. He was caught later and admitted he saw the news story , figured that was the easiest way to get a gun.
    Following that up for private security that openly carry on the job and then stow their guns in their cars. I once read of a criminal that would follow people that had reason to know that they would leave guns in a car. He would follow them and when the car was unattended, steal the gun. This could also be done outside non-carry buildings when some leave their guns in their cars.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Following that up for private security that openly carry on the job and then stow their guns in their cars. I once read of a criminal that would follow people that had reason to know that they would leave guns in a car. He would follow them and when the car was unattended, steal the gun. This could also be done outside non-carry buildings when some leave their guns in their cars.
    A friends worthless step brother once told us that when stealing car radios he never opened any compartments on the car unless it looked like someone who would have a gun. Then he’d check the console, glove box and under the front seat. (Out of jail last I heard but probably not for long, knowing him)
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Sammy said it best with this line: "Open carry is the gun rights version of the gay pride parade."
    Credit to you, LawDog, for pulling out a most appropriate quote...