Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Men, "real men", have always existed as have, not so manly types, since, oh, forever. I like the Heinlein version, pretty much defines manhood. Some friends of mine wear the skinny jean look and hang out at Starbucks sipping their lattes, but they are also reviewing their seven and eight figure portfolios, yet they still AIWB a g19. Perhaps not the norm, but not all skinny jean types are pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabalfodrows View Post
    And who's fault is that? Hm?

The 'men' that allowed communist filth to take over our governments, feminize our schools, import invaders, pass infringements on the 2nd, and spit on the Christ?

The 'men' who yap about how hard they were but can't walk 25m to their target at the range without running out of breath?

Any Boomer or GenXer who disses my generation needs to take a hard look at themselves. YOU raised us. YOU did this to us, not us.

Things might be different for us if some STRONG, SMART, and MORAL MEN actually took time out of their lives to teach us something, instead of masturbating themselves to the words 'Tide Pods' over and over again.

But whatever. We'll be the ones fighting, not Boomers or GenXers, so what do they care.
    Absolutely. I was born in 1983. The leftist indoctrination of the schools was introduced by 60s radicals who were baby boomers. They are absolutely redponsible for our generation.

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    The sad thing is probably the majority of boomers spit on the minoruty boomers who wore that in your picture. Ive never seen millenials spit on the actual soldiers who served in iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    The boomers would have been having effect on their Gen X kids which in turn then bought the participation trophies for the millenials....

This was not intended as "generational warfare" it was merely a commentary on what was viewed as "normal" and emulated as being something for men to aspire to then vs what is seen as "normal" now. Nothing more.
    Huh? The youngest millenials graduated high school in 2008. Millenials started being born in 1982. My parents were born in 1953. Millenials are lqrgely children of boomers. Gen xers are largely children of in betweeners/war babies and maybe very early boomers

Just to throw my two cents in I heard a quote once (don't know who) but it sums this up nicely I think "hard times make strong men, strong men bring easy times, easy times make weak men, weak men bring hard times, and on and on and on"

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Just to throw my two cents in I heard a quote once (don't know who) but it sums this up nicely I think "hard times make strong men, strong men bring easy times, easy times make weak men, weak men bring hard times, and on and on and on"
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

-- G. Michael Hopf, from his post-apocalyptic novel Those Who Remain. From what I found he's former USMC; Infantry, heavy weapons, "glorified instructor on weapons and tactics organic to the Marine Corps infantry." In addition to taking part in missions in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia (Desert Storm) he served in Okinawa, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. Was also a commercial diver. He's written in a variety of genre, to include some westerns. Not many writers have that kind of life experience. Might be worth checking out.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I will bet dudes said the same thing is the 1970s, the 1950s and the 1920s. Why is this our pressing "must solve" problem today?

It is not.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Why is this our pressing "must solve" problem today?

It is not.
    The only question for those concerned: are you more manly than you used to be?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 0, 12. And a wakeup.

Ho w do you make a difference?

Lift
    Set the example
    Lift
    Speak directly and honestly
    Lift
    Don't sugar coat the truth even if it hurts someone's feelings
    Lift
    Bring your best
    Lift
    Don't condemn or complain
    Lift
    Don't accept average or mediocrity
    Lift
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Ho w do you make a difference?

Lift
    Set the example
    Lift
    Speak directly and honestly
    Lift
    Don't sugar coat the truth even if it hurts someone's feelings
    Lift
    Bring your best
    Lift
    Don't condemn or complain