Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Interesting, personally I would put a brace on it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    IF it works one handed then it has some use as vehicle tool for the driver when hes alone. My question is how to take off that gaaaaaay ventilated rib?
    I actually prefer the vented rib if it doesn't have an RMR or rifle sites on it. It allows for a better point aim that a ribless. Ask Brent on how I faired with his Shotty with a rib even after the front site fell off. Besides, it's ribbed for my pleasure.

ETA: I'm either driving or shooting, not both with the possible exception of a pistol in extreme situations, this ain't the movies and you ain't John Wayne
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 10-10-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Iím interested... but definitely a post-move purchase.

Personally, I wish Remington did it off the 1100/11-87, and licensed one of the other methods of getting rid of the action spring tube.

With PGO shotguns, IMO the best option is rifle sights + RMR. Second best is rifle sights only. Next is vent rib. They are all better than just a bead.

I am having a hard time imagining how this gives you anything better than an 870 tac-14. Reliability is at best an open question, and sure you can pull the trigger faster but I don’t see much benefit there.

As for recoil, it may have less recoil than the 870, but if you can’t handle a Tac14/Stakeout, you probably can’t handle this either. Perhaps it would have some benefit for shooting magnum loads, if it’s reliable, but I don’t think that’s necessary for the role of this gun. Maybe a dedicated slug gun for the woods?

It’s aluminum frame, so it’s lighter than the 870 I assume. Maybe a benefit for hiking or strapped to a pack?

Honestly, I’m just trying to imagine a role where it beats the 870. Color me skeptical.

I can see why Remington offered it. Makes good business sense, people will buy it because they want it.

As always, if you see a role for this and you want it, have at it. Personally I think it looks cool but beyond that I am not feeling it. Maybe I’m wrong.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Add a tax stamp and have a nifty little sbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    Why? As a brace and you have the same thing, no extra $ involved. Is there some sort of special stock for this model or something?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Why? As a brace and you have the same thing, no extra $ involved. Is there some sort of special stock for this model or something?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Nope...... Just more fear of the gubbimint.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    No need for a tax stamp unless you like giving money to other people

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'm seeing it with the top of the line folding brace. As for working with less than full defensive loads - who cares ? As long as it works with the so-called "tactical" low recoil buckshot or slug, that would be just fine. Other than practice drills, who would ever put bird hunting ammo in it ?

Quote Originally Posted by OldLawman View Post
    I'm seeing it with the top of the line folding brace. As for working with less than full defensive loads - who cares ? As long as it works with the so-called "tactical" low recoil buckshot or slug, that would be just fine. Other than practice drills, who would ever put bird hunting ammo in it ?
    The same people that buy those silly mini-shells. They outnumber people like us 100:1. On this V3...I will label it "Interesting". I doubt it will be in the wilds before Spring of 2019. Will we do something with and for them? Sure, because I am tired of trying to convince people that the pump is a better choice.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters