Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    In THOSE TYPES OF SITUATIONS, which are not all of them, yes.
    Indeed...in that scenario. Good catch, Brother!

If the shooter gets clean away from the scene and there are no bullets found there, either imbedded in backstops or loose on the deck, it will take an autopsy to determine the actual cartridge used. A pistol caliber bullet will often be trapped by the skin on the offside of the wound if not within the torso, head or limbs. The bullet(s) may be damaged to the degree that no true match is possible, although forensic analysis may determine caliber, load, manufacturer and even the lot number.

If no cases are found onscene, all the initial investigation will show is that, say, a roughly .35" projectile entered the deceased. Just offhand, how many rounds share that rough dimension? And how many firearms employ those rounds?

If cases are found onscene, the field will be narrowed immediately. Take a look at these:

Gshell.png

Just restating the obvious, I know.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

While most consider the J frame snubby to be a close range gun, if fired from a machine rest, they should be just as accurate as any other revolver made by smith and wesson. But to put an optic on it negates the concealability of the snubby. Even a quality .25 auto like a bady browning can hit a 3 inch circle at 50 ft and I have done it.
    So the accuracy of quality hide out guns is there, but it seems that current thinking does not see such attributes as useful.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I believe the barrel length does not affect accuracy but barrel length does affect velocity. That's why 14 1/2" AR is just as accurate as a 16". Less velocity and you have to account for that. Neat stuff to ponder.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    I believe the barrel length does not affect accuracy but barrel length does affect velocity. That's why 14 1/2" AR is just as accurate as a 16". Less velocity and you have to account for that. Neat stuff to ponder.
    Here the limiting factor is the ability to precisely aim the common snub nose platform. Factor is that most gunfights where the snubby is used are very close quarters and in poorly illuminated conditions.
    I curious to read what more knowledgeable people might care to write on it.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez