Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Oh, all right.

642.jpg

Pardon the beatup Shooting Ace grips, but I have big mitts.
    Last edited by Papa; 10-11-2018 at 06:16 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 21. And a wakeup.

I kinda like the looks of those! I've got large hands and have yet to find the right grips for my 442PC. I'm on the lookout for a set of the old Fitz Gunfighters, but so far, no joy. I wish VZ would make a version.

442 EDC.JPG

Only pic I could find of the FG's

Fitz Gunfighters.jpg

The Herrett's haven't been made in years, and there were no plans to make them again. Sile made some for the D framed Colts that have a covered backstrap, don't know about the Js.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 21. And a wakeup.

Just my take on it gentlemen....but my thought here is that the grip of the gun is the hardest part to conceal - so if your gun is going to have a bigger grip then that bigger grip should be on a bigger gun.

I understand a grip needs to fill the hand and work effectively - but I just can’t see having the footprint of a medium or full size gun and pairing that with the capability of a small sized gun.

This is not intended to invalidate anyone’s personal decision about what works for them - because if it works for you - then hey - it works for you. It’s just not the way I would do it.

I think the one of the main benefits of the J-frame is how it is so easy to conceal - with larger grips you are giving that up - then you get a hard recoiling gun with a short sight radius that is not easy to hide - at that point I am not sure what niche is being effectively filled?

What are your thoughts? This comment is meant conversationally - not as a dick measuring statement.

Jake
    Wait for the Lord. Behave yourself manfully, and be of good courage.
    Do not be faithless, but stay in your place and do not turn back.
    Thomas Kempis

Mine

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Salyards View Post
    Just my take on it gentlemen....but my thought here is that the grip of the gun is the hardest part to conceal - so if your gun is going to have a bigger grip then that bigger grip should be on a bigger gun.

Agreed...which is why I think the 19X is stupid. I know...I know...it wasn't designed for concealment.

I understand a grip needs to fill the hand and work effectively - but I just can’t see having the footprint of a medium or full size gun and pairing that with the capability of a small sized gun.

The J is not a first line weapon. Its main purpose is being able to hide it. Its hideability is more importnat than its shootability. If you are doing first line fighting with a J frame its because your primary weapon was out of ammo or you suck at planning.

This is not intended to invalidate anyone’s personal decision about what works for them - because if it works for you - then hey - it works for you. It’s just not the way I would do it.

Me neither (waiting now for Horshack with his upraised hand to bring out an article by me in 1985)

I think the one of the main benefits of the J-frame is how it is so easy to conceal - with larger grips you are giving that up - then you get a hard recoiling gun with a short sight radius that is not easy to hide - at that point I am not sure what niche is being effectively filled?

What are your thoughts? This comment is meant conversationally - not as a dick measuring statement.

Jake
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I carry a Kimber K6s instead because it has 6 rounds and combat sights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I carry a Kimber K6s instead because it has 6 rounds and combat sights.

6 rounds and combat sights. Just curious, did you read the whole thread. Not that its important - just wondering if you did.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    6 rounds and combat sights. Just curious, did you read the whole thread. Not that its important - just wondering if you did.
    I did. I had a 640 I had wanted a higher capacity.

I actually carry 3 on my but I always put my hand on my revolver, in the pocket, when walking around.

Wonderful.
    Gabriel Suarez

My Opinions On Categories Of Carry - for those interested

http://blog.suarezinternational.com/...ol-carry-.html
    Gabriel Suarez