Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    So there it is.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Barnetmill wrote:

Most of the crime as I understand it occurs in the black community and I think the Hispanic communities.
    If you go here:

https://heyjackass.com/

They have the best stats on Chicago crime, broken down into every imaginable metric. If you look at all the murders in Chicago, almost 100% occur in neighborhoods that are predominantly black and hispanic. Most of them are in the 90% range. If we took out black and hispanic crime in Chicago alone, Illinois would be one of the least violent states in America. That tells you something.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Gabe wrote:

So what was it about THIS ONE?
    It was because he was shot 16 times and he was young. They just thought it would fit the insane "white cops shoot black kids with impunity" bullshit narrative. I always tell people - any cop crazy enough that he has the burning desire to go out shooting black kids (as the liberals always claim) is too insane to pass the psychological exam to become a cop in the first place. No white cop with a whisper of sanity would ever WANT to have to shoot a black perp, especially a young one, given the current political atmosphere.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-laquan-mcdonald-jason-van-dyke-trial-20180925-story.html

The video shows the original 911/dispatch call with GPS, then dashcam, then a 3D animation made for the jury. Just before the shooting starts, Laquan the now-not-future-brain-surgeon looks like he's reaching under his hoodie, still has the knife in his hand dancing around, and is moving towards the officers. He's also speeding up in his movement. Just before he gets shot, you can see him reaching towards his waist with his left hand (3:26 seconds), which I suppose could look like he was reaching for a gun. Then after he's shot, he turns around and it looks as if he's still reaching for it, from the officer's perspective (3:27 seconds).

Me personally, I'm having a hard time having any compassion for these assholes who go out and get themselves shot. Easiest fucking solution was to throw down the knife when confronted by multiple cops with guns. Better still, and an even better solution - don't get high, go out at night committing vandalism, then approach the police with a knife in your hand while dancing around like a fool. The problem was not that he was high and couldn't control himself, the problem is that he was a stupid criminal who made a bad decision, and now he's dead, his family is left grieving, and a cop is in prison for doing his job. As far as I'm concerned, fuck Laquan.
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Yes...f*ck Laquan...but that should be an clear headed decision based on tactical events that juatify the outcome, not emorional fear biting that is difficult, if ever, to justify.

The police response here was not skilled nor artful.

If the officer had walked up to within ten feet as tried to start a dialog to talk him down...even though he had a knife in his hand...and then realizing suddenly it was not going to work, but being inside the 21 foot reach, knowing you could not get away in time...and then having no alternative but to fire a single burst into his face... it would have been a different situation. Capice?

If I need to explain the above in detail, never you mind...there is nothing I can do for you.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I get what you're saying Gabe, and I agree. All I'm trying to say is I'm sick of the liberals always blaming the cops and treating the criminals as if they're innocent saints.
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

If we follow the flow chart, and keep in mind that this was all being video recorded, this was not a prime example of a good shoot.

The guy had a knife, but, he was just standing there. What's more, he appeared to be in the midst of attempting to leave... which means he was, ostensibly, deescalating the situation himself.

Someone said previously that the danger was there, and it's quite likely that the opportunity to have a good shoot would have presented itself. As it stands however, the officer in question didnt have the tactical presence of mind to wait for the opportune moment. Now he'll be looking over his shoulder for a very long time. Sucks for him.

I'm not arguing that the guy didnt need to be shot. But, Gabe has graciously provided us with a formula from which we can most likely keep ourselves out of jail. Lest we miss the forest for the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1976 View Post
    I get what you're saying Gabe, and I agree. All I'm trying to say is I'm sick of the liberals always blaming the cops and treating the criminals as if they're innocent saints.
    Liberals and their silly behavior will be around for the foreseeable future. Sane men can still operate free and clear, provided we work around their rules when necessary. Shooting bad guys on camera is particularly one of those situations.

No use is crying about it. It's just how things are.
    Last edited by H60DoorGunner; 10-07-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.